Hello from Kittery, ME!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RouttensJunk

Reaction score
I'm a noob. So new that I'm not even brewing my first batch until this afternoon. I bought a TrueBrew kit and a wheat beer kit to go with it from Kettle to Keg. He gave me a different yeast to tweak it a little bit. I figured I'd do a beer for my wife first, since she's so tolerant of my hobbies. I'll let you know how it went.

I was actually in Maine last week too, we actually walked accross the bridge from Portsmouth to Kittery. I should have stopped by.

I figured I'd do a beer for my wife first, since she's so tolerant of my hobbies.

Yeah, famous words....we will see...haha:cross:

Welcome!!:mug:

I just moved up here and I's pretty nice so far. The best part is that since I'm in the military my deployment schedule has prevented me from brewing until now.

I'm getting in deep. I acquired a free fridge and a craigslist deal on 3 kegs, a couple glass carboys and a bunch of other stuff for a deal.

Good to see some more brewers on the Seacoast. Kittery is a good town. Carl's Meat Market has one of the best beer selections in the area and Enoteca Italiano has a very good selection of properly stored Belgian beers. For brewpubs, I highly recommend the Portsmouth Brewery. They have been winning awards the last couple years for their beer and food.

Welcome to the forums! I'm new myself...also from Maine! I second the Portsmouth Brewery. Good food and good beer.

I've already been to Portsmouth brewery. I had a great time last friday evening...perfect weather for the walk back to Kittery, ME after a stop at State Street Saloon. Probably the first time I walked/stumbled across a state line to get home. I've went back to Redhook for a tour today. Best dollar I've spent in a while.

Back