Hello from Atlanta

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suds556

Reaction score
Hey all

I'm a 22 year old student from Atlanta georgia. I have really gotten into craft brews over the past year. I've sampled every thing i can get my hands on and i'm a pretty regular haunt of the brickstore pub in atlanta (which has really helped develop what I know about beer.)

I really feel as though i've only scratched the surface to what beer has to offer and i figured brewing my own will help me dive deeper into the vast world of beer.

I picked up a basic set up today consisting of a 6.5 gallon bucket primary and secondary 5 gallon carboy.

I want to thank this forum for helping me figure out the basics on what i needed to aquire and leading me to palmer's how to brew for a basic understanding of what homebrewing involves

I'm going to start a american blonde ale on monday when I can get a nice pot from walmart, and i'll be sure to update on how that turns out in about a month

thanks for the info and i look forward to lurking more to continue my home brewing education

Welcome.... I wish I would have gotten an earlier start at this hobby. I was reading threw you post and noticed that your listed in your gear that you have a 5 gallon primary. IMHO you may want to get something in the 6.5 gallon range to allow for some head space for kräusening.This could greatly reduce your potential for posting some ugly pics of a "big mess".

Cheers..

IMHO you may want to get something in the 6.5 gallon range to allow for some head space for kräusening

its actually a 6.5 gallon bucket, I'm not sure why i said 5 gallon, thanks for saving me from myself (I'm sure its not the last time someone on this board will)

Welcome from acworth. Take a look at our local ATL club at inhbc.org. We have people of all skill levels and we do group brews, buys, and tastings.

Thanks, I'll check it out.

As for my blonde its bottle conditioning as we speak, I tried a little out of the thief before i primed it and I think its going to be a hit for sure.

Do you go to school in downtown? I went to Ga Tech back when Atlanta Brewing Company was on williams street, I have more glasses from there than I can count. If you havn't been you should go. And there is always sweetwater. They are a little stingy there but the beer is still good.

I go to Clayton State University in morrow. I haven't been to the ABC brewery yet but I would love to make a trip of it soon. So far I have been to Sweetwater's and Terrapins in Athens

Take the time to go to ABC, it is worth it. I actually graduated from Morrow High School in 03, so I know exactly where you are. Hope the Blonde turns out well.

Back