Hello Fellow Washingtonians!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't actually made any plans but I'd be happy to coordinate such an event for a lazy Sunday afternoon. And I'd love to get the local shops involved. Homebrew Heaven is my home store.

I'm in.
I'll mention this to the guys at the Cellar Home Brew in Greenwood when I see them this weekend.
If this was at a private venue, it wouldn't need any permitting, etc. Just a bunch of folks getting together.

1fishkeeper said:
Well since I just signed up on this form I guess I better say hi. Im Jeff and Im a AG brewer in the Spanaway/Graham area.

Hey Jeff, I am down the hill in Orting. Let me know if you ever want to get together for a brew day. My name is John.

Figured I'd ask here in addition to looking on Craigslist. I need a metal bed frame to build a stand. Thanks for looking.

Hello all! This is a long shot but since everyone on HBT has been cool as he'll I thought I'd ask..... My sister is starting a medical practice in Seattle and my wife and I are trying to relocate. If anyone has any leads I would be forever grateful. I am a contractor, cArpenter, mason, specifically historic architecture, welder, bronze sculpture restorer, city planner. I have a website if anyone has a connect! I promise a southern BBQ at the next group brew of my future LHBC!

Sorry for the advert but if anyone knows anyone .......

I am thinking of getting into lambic brewing and want to start sampling as many variations as I can. Where can I find a good craft brew store near kent or Jblm? Or does anyone want to introduce me to some good homebrewed lambic beers.

I am thinking of getting into lambic brewing and want to start sampling as many variations as I can. Where can I find a good craft brew store near kent or Jblm? Or does anyone want to introduce me to some good homebrewed lambic beers.

Redmond is obviously not on your commute, but if you ever find yourself in that area, try Malt & Vine on Redmond Way. It's a great bottle shop with a dozen rotating taps.

There's 99 bottles in Federal Way that has about 1200 different beers and there's Pint Defiance in Tacoma. They are smaller but also have some lambics to try.

GritCityBrewer said:
There's 99 bottles in Federal Way that has about 1200 different beers and there's Pint Defiance in Tacoma. They are smaller but also have some lambics to try.

Awesome thank u.

tankcrash said:

Are you in kent?

You can check out BevMo in Tacoma, Pint Defiance in Fir Crest and you can also check out 99 Beers in Federalway. Bring your wallet though... I find myself getting a bit overboard sometimes...

Brier area here. Sandwiched between Bothell, Lynnwood, and MLT.

Would like to join a club so that I can get some ideas on a setup, sample what others are making, and get some feedback on mine. I primarily do all grain now.

Cheers!

liquiditynerd said:
Hello all! This is a long shot but since everyone on HBT has been cool as he'll I thought I'd ask..... My sister is starting a medical practice in Seattle and my wife and I are trying to relocate. If anyone has any leads I would be forever grateful. I am a contractor, cArpenter, mason, specifically historic architecture, welder, bronze sculpture restorer, city planner. I have a website if anyone has a connect! I promise a southern BBQ at the next group brew of my future LHBC!

Sorry for the advert but if anyone knows anyone .......

Well, the Southern BBQ has gone unclaimed and Friday we hit the road. By next week we'll be Seattle transplants. This weekend is New Orleans and on from there, 3000 miles! So, if anyone has any leads on housing around Renton I might just throw down that BBQ!

Checking in..

East of Bellingham. Almost Canadia. Restarting my equipment. Finally got the 20lb CO2 tank. Going the BIAB route. Looking forward to many hoppy returns.

-gnarlyhopper

Hey fellas I'll play Im in Port Orchard in between Gig Harbor and Bremerton across the Narrows.

Question for you guys...do we have any home brewing competitions around here?

Russ - From Puyallup here....

I've been brewing off and on for over twenty years now, the last ten with a two tier RIMS system.

Hey all! So we finally made it. It is lovely here! Everyone should cross them countryes some time! We settled for now in Kent but ive seen it also as east hills / meridian. Ive heard tell about larrys homebrew shop.

So if anyones down for wine making, we have a couple acres of blackberry. Would love to meet some folks here.

On my way to Yelm in not too distant future. Blackberry Honey ale is on my top 5 first to brew once I get in town. Looking forward to getting back to PNW.

Hey all! So we finally made it. It is lovely here! Everyone should cross them countryes some time! We settled for now in Kent but ive seen it also as east hills / meridian. Ive heard tell about larrys homebrew shop.

So if anyones down for wine making, we have a couple acres of blackberry. Would love to meet some folks here.

Larry's would be your closest LHBS - on 212th if I remember correctly...

The Beer Essentials down in Tacoma is another pretty good place too.

Crossbow spray will take care of the blackberries. Welcome to the Pacific North Wet!

Hello from East of the Cascades (^0^/) MCZA member and garage propane stand brewer here, I'd use my RIMS but it only flips the breaker when plugged in :p

Hello from East of the Cascades (^0^/) MCZA member and garage propane stand brewer here, I'd use my RIMS but it only flips the breaker when plugged in :p

Hey There Shaine! Welcome to the fray….. I’m in West Richland; also an MCZA member. I don’t know if you were at the last meeting but I brought the Mexican Ale… Seemed to be a hit. I should’ve entered it in the quarterly contest. Dangit! None-the-less, welcome to HBT! See ya ‘round!

Cheers,

-JM

Hey There Shaine! Welcome to the fray….. I’m in West Richland; also an MCZA member. I don’t know if you were at the last meeting but I brought the Mexican Ale… Seemed to be a hit. I should’ve entered it in the quarterly contest. Dangit! None-the-less, welcome to HBT! See ya ‘round!

Cheers,

-JM

Ah nice, was wondering if any of us were on here, heh. I'm in NW part of Pasco btw. I should be able to make the next meeting. Cya.

liquiditynerd said:

Larry's is an awesome place. I'm in Covington and am always looking to meet fellow brewers. We should do a swap sometime. Right now I have my amber my pale ale and a strawberry wheat beer on tap

Wow, this is the longest introduction thread ever. Howdy from Puyallup. Trying to change over from gas fired to a 1/2bbl eHerms; but, with a colicky newborn the pile of steel to be brewstand remains uncut and unwelded. In the meantime, I probably should start looking for a club, but may be moving up north within the year so who knows, but it would be nice to brew with some other folks, my neighbors all think its weird and avoid me when I fire up the kettles...I think they fear non-Budweiser.

BTW, Tubster, right there with you, I have realized there was a WA forum, just never really paid enough attention to stick my nose in here.

Wow, this is the longest introduction thread ever. Howdy from Puyallup. Trying to change over from gas fired to a 1/2bbl eHerms; but, with a colicky newborn the pile of steel to be brewstand remains uncut and unwelded. In the meantime, I probably should start looking for a club, but may be moving up north within the year so who knows, but it would be nice to brew with some other folks, my neighbors all think its weird and avoid me when I fire up the kettles...I think they fear non-Budweiser.

BTW, Tubster, right there with you, I have realized there was a WA forum, just never really paid enough attention to stick my nose in here.

the eHerms sounds great. I'd love to use my RIMS but it only succeeds in tripping my breaker. I'll see if any of my club members are willing to take a look at the wiring. :)

Well, the Southern BBQ has gone unclaimed and Friday we hit the road. By next week we'll be Seattle transplants. This weekend is New Orleans and on from there, 3000 miles! So, if anyone has any leads on housing around Renton I might just throw down that BBQ!

Did you make it yet? Let me know I'm down for putting some ribs on the smoker and having a few brews

1fishkeeper said:
Did you make it yet? Let me know I'm down for putting some ribs on the smoker and having a few brews

We did! We landed on a 60 acre former farm between Kent and Covington. I've had a PM from some folks so yeah, I'll throw something together soon. It'll have to be country pit style for now but I'm well versed. I don't have any brew to share just yet but I found total wine (crazy store!!!) and 99 bottles so i can grab some goodness.

Latest posts

Back