Headaches

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveooph131

Reaction score
I've been having basically non-stop headaches...Could it be the home brew? I don't think it is, I only drink maybe 1-2 at a wack, but I figured I would ask since some people get home brew farts, maybe my heads the one with flatulence. :off:

I never get headaches any more. I drank WAY too much homebrew Saturday night, and woke up in the middle of the night thinking "uh oh- I'm going to pay for this in the morning!" But, no headache, no hangover. Except I was really tired on Sunday. Probably just from the lack of sleep, though.

When I drink more than a few commercial beers, I often get a headache the next day. But not homebrew.

I'm thinking that maybe you have something else going on, or you fermented your homebrew at a high temperature. That will cause some "fusel" alcohols and nasty headaches. But it's not summer yet, and I doubt you fermented over low-mid 70s.

Also, and addition to what Yooper said, I believe that beer yeast is loaded with vitamins, which helps the body deal with alcohol, therefore no headaches! I have also over did it a couple (hundred) times, and when those times (65%) are homebrew, I wake up just fine (other than bubble guts)!!!

Not to throw medical advice out there but if you are having strong headaches popping up out of nowhere you might want to get it checked out. I highly doubt homebrew is causing it a couple at a time.

+1 could be a lot of things... are you hydrated? do you have allergies? Have you stopped drinking caffiene?

But do consider the factors and think about seeing at least your family doc...

stop drinking your homebrew if you think it is a factor, but get it checked out. Pain is a way your body communicates a problem.

If it is the homebrew, HBT can sure help!

Definitely will see a doctor...Doubt it's the brew, and if it is, it won't stop me from this hobby. Just figured I would throw it out there. Thanks for the advice!

Back