Head Retention

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBeer

Reaction score
Is this what the head is supposed to look like? (that's what she said). It seems to be a little more thick for this batch, kind of reminds me of the foam from a rootbeer float. The beer is a cherry wheat

20160307_180113.jpg

Ill be that guy... The head looks weird. Please package and send to me for disposal... :drunk::smack:

Maybe a bit to foamy ..but if it tastes good to me that's all that matters. Cheers!!

Actually that looks as it should look..How long does it stay like that undisturbed? Looks mighty tasty! :)

Ya, I don't see a problem. Wheat will add head retention. Same with flaked barley, oatmeal, and carapils. Looks good!

The larger bubbles make me think you over carbonated this beer. Measure your beer amount carefully then use a priming calculator to accurately determine the amount of priming sugar to use and weigh, not measure the amount.

Or just drink it and enjoy. :p

Back