HBT Fantasy Football League

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bench Spiller two minutes before the game thinking about the ankle and he drops a 54 yard TD. Classic overthinking

Speaking of, are there no extra points in this league for long yardage plays like that? I've been in other leagues where that kind of play would have been worth an extra point or two.

I bench Spiller two minutes before the game thinking about the ankle and he drops a 54 yard TD. Classic overthinking

I'm having a similar dilemma with McFadden. I just cannot gauge how healthy he is but if he is at full speed, he has potential to be my top scorer this week.

Ahh projections. I know giants are gawd awful, but Vick putting up as many points this week as Rivers against Oakland? I don't see it. At least I hope not.

Speaking of, are there no extra points in this league for long yardage plays like that? I've been in other leagues where that kind of play would have been worth an extra point or two.

Also if your WR or RB score on Special teams (Kickoff or punt return) you should really get points for it.

Also if your WR or RB score on Special teams (Kickoff or punt return) you should really get points for it.

Works out great if you've got the D for that team though. I think we can discuss the settings for next years league and come up with a scoring format that we'll all be happier with.

Works out great if you've got the D for that team though. I think we can discuss the settings for next years league and come up with a scoring format that we'll all be happier with.

Agreed, I think it ST points should count for the Team's D

Agreed, I think it ST points should count for the Team's D

I agree that for a pick 6 or a fumble recovery that is returned for a TD then absolutely the Defense should get the points.

However kickoff return and punt return teams are SPECIAL TEAMS and not part of the defense and i would think that those points should revert back to the individual player. Just my opinion though. :mug:

Then I've never been to a brewery. I must have missed you on the list of owners for the league.

As our fine commissioner would say 'I could give a Detroit sewer rat's a$$' about who wins what in the NFL, I'm just here for the beer.

Lol sorry im not old enough to know about peanut gallerys, but i do love football but maybe not as much as beer

Fins, you feeling ok today? Do we need to have the NFL run concussion testing on you? :D

haha just trying to get a different back up, weeden looked good last night you cant deny :mug:

He had a couple of Manning-esque throws (and no, I don't mean Eli,) but he still locks onto the primary receiver (staring him down from the snap) and holds onto the ball too long. I think the biggest difference last night was he didn't turn it over. When that happens the Browns can win, when he doesn't they have an uphill battle. With Hoyer out with the ACL I am sure they will bring Freeman in now ... and that just makes me cringe...

He had a couple of Manning-esque throws (and no, I don't mean Eli,) but he still locks onto the primary receiver (staring him down from the snap) and holds onto the ball too long. I think the biggest difference last night was he didn't turn it over. When that happens the Browns can win, when he doesn't they have an uphill battle. With Hoyer out with the ACL I am sure they will bring Freeman in now ... and that just makes me cringe...

Just glad I inserted Josh Gordon into the starting lineup yesterday.

TNGabe said:
You and me both. Unless Reggie Bush gets hurt, Rivers throws 6 tds, and Desean Jackson has 200 yds and 3tds, I'm not optimistic.

Vick went down for you so far. Not looking good for me so far.

Vick went down for you so far. Not looking good for me so far.

Yeah, Bush isn't blowing up either. Pierre Thomas on the other hand is having his game of the year and Wallace showed up to play today.:rockin:

TNGabe said:
Yeah, Bush isn't blowing up either. Pierre Thomas on the other hand is having his game of the year and Wallace showed up to play today.:rockin:

T.Y. Hilton went off on my bench too so I've got that working for me ;)

The only thing that couldve gone worse for me today is if Brady dropped dead in the first quarter

You'll get that better waiver spot you were wanting. Your back up D's are starting to look more tempting even if they do have same by week as Ravens.

Im not sure you could pay a prostitute to give Peyton Manning a better bj than these ****** announcers for CBS are.

But the commentary is really just stupid. Kinda like TBS having Eckersley as a announcer for As v Tigers playoff series. The guy only played his best Hall of Fame years in Oakland Im sure hes not biased...suuuuure

But the commentary is really just stupid. Kinda like TBS having Eckersley as a announcer for As v Tigers playoff series. The guy only played his best Hall of Fame years in Oakland Im sure hes not biased...suuuuure

I get the announcer rage, too. Don't know who the guy on the Vols game was last night but I wanted to punch him in the throat. Back when I used to watch NFL all day on Sundays as an excuse to drink liqour all day (which is awesome on Pacfific time since the games start at 10 am), I didn't have much direction in life and was seriously contemplating assassinating Phil Simms.

I get the announcer rage, too. Don't know who the guy on the Vols game was last night but I wanted to punch him in the throat. Back when I used to watch NFL all day on Sundays as an excuse to drink liqour all day (which is awesome on Pacfific time since the games start at 10 am), I didn't have much direction in life and was seriously contemplating assassinating Phil Simms.

Hell Im contemplating it now!

Latest posts

Back