Have a minor issue (time), need ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlkWater_brewer

Reaction score
I need a few quick Ales to get in kegs and drink ASAP. Wife decided to have a small party in under 4 weeks and I need some beers for said event. I have been focusing on Belgians Sours, Tripels, Flanders Red , a lambic and a Gose. So basically everything I have fermenting still has at least 2 months to 2 years left for fermentation. Need some quick but good beers to get going on. Besides I don't want to waste my present beers on this Coors and Mich lite crowd. What do you suggest, I have a freezer full of hops, yeast and plenty of grain, just need to brew something I normally wouldn't do for myself.

I would go with a couple of wheat beers, which are quick and easy, and you can add flavors (using extracts) to them for the ladies. You can also throw down a quick pale ale and/or IPA.

Good luck!

If its a Coors type crowd, brew the Cream of Three Crops from BierMuncher. Two weeks in the fermentor and then bottle/keg. Drinking in 4 weeks easy. I have this and an American Wheat at all times, and they are a big hit.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Mild Mannered by Orfy. Cream of three crops. Centennial Blonde. A nice "hoppy" pale ale or american wheat bittered to about 35 IBU with a C hop for flavor. Belgian wit. Or even a quick hefeweizen.

Back