Harbor Freight Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought one but haven't used it yet. I've read it is loud and you can't adjust flow. I plan to use mine for a CIP system for my conical, maybe also to transfer cooled wort to the conical. The pump head is metal.

High Gravity has March pumps on sale this week, $140.

i want to order 2 pumps for the eHERMS system i'm working on but i have dropped a lot lately in SS costs. I may get this and also a little toolbox to mount it in w/a battery.

Make it portable, just needs to move liquids

Is that food grade and heat rated? Looks like it would come in handy if you're on a boat and it's taking on water.

I wouldn't use it, the problem is that the impeller shaft/oil and all sorts of non food-grade stuff will be coming in contact with the water you are pumping. You could possibly leech some nasty tasting stuff in to your beer.

On a Mag-Drive pump (like the March, Chugger, LG-3-MD-HC) you don't have oil from the shaft touching any of the water/wort, the impeller is sealed.

i wouldnt drink room temperature tap water that was pumped thru that. hot water is going to be even more contaminated. that pump is not for use on anything that you will eat or drink. if you want to poison yourself, thats your own decision. it doesnt have enough PSI for a CIP setup either.

Latest posts

Back