Happy Birthday to the first HBT post whore!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy Birthday Bird! Have a great one!

(We share the same birthday!)

Thanks, guys!

I don't think I was the *first* post-whore... Dude and Cheyco and Walker and some others all had multi-thousand post counts when I joined, IIRC... hell, HB_Bill's been around longer than I have!

Thanks, guys!

I don't think I was the *first* post-whore... Dude and Cheyco and Walker and some others all had multi-thousand post counts when I joined, IIRC... hell, HB_Bill's been around longer than I have!

You may not have been the first, but for a while there you were certainly the best! :D

Have a great one!

Dah da da da da dah (thump thump thump)
Dah da da da da dah (thump thump thump )
Today's your birthday!
Happy Brthday to ya!

Birthday! something something something
Birthday, t t t take a chance

I've forgotten the lyrics, and it's showing! :(

Thanks, guys!

There were several of us that had hundreds or thousands of posts when you joined, but you raced to the top in just a few months time.

You were definitely the first whore here. ;)

I'll raise a few pints in your honor tonight..... Who the hell am I kidding I toss back a few pints every night anyway ,but have a hoppy birthday

There were several of us that had hundreds or thousands of posts when you joined, but you raced to the top in just a few months time.

You were definitely the first whore here. ;)

Er, what does that make me then?

Happy Birthday, Jay!!!!!!

Whatcha going to get from the family? Where are you going for dinner tonight? C'mon, give us details!

Wife and I are going out to a little Vietnamese place in Pittsfield. Place looks like a total dive, middle of nowhere in a non-particularly nice section on the way out of town. It's absolutely phenomenal, though. Anyone who watches Top Chef - Hung, the guy who won a couple seasons back, it's his family's restaurant.

Mother-in-law's in town, so she'll stay home with the_Bean.

I'm actually really hoping that we spend the night somewhere where the food's not nearly as good.... the_n00b is scheduled to make his arrival in about four days' time... :D Wouldn't mind if he was around to wish me a happy birthday!

Wife and I are going out to a little Vietnamese place in Pittsfield. Place looks like a total dive, middle of nowhere in a non-particularly nice section on the way out of town. It's absolutely phenomenal, though. Anyone who watches Top Chef - Hung, the guy who won a couple seasons back, it's his family's restaurant.

Mother-in-law's in town, so she'll stay home with the_Bean.

I'm actually really hoping that we spend the night somewhere where the food's not nearly as good.... the_n00b is scheduled to make his arrival in about four days' time... :D Wouldn't mind if he was around to wish me a happy birthday!

I didn't realize that you were already so close to the due date. I assume that's why mom-in-law's in town?

Trust me, no kid wants his bday the same as anybody else's in the family. We always had consolidated parties for my brother and uncle- about 20 years later my brother told me how much he hated that when he was a kid. So, even though the_nOOb would be welcome to you, he'll be better off having his own bday!

Hopefully, that phenomenal Vietnamese place had at least one decent beer!

So, the Vietnamese place was closed. For good. Ugh.

BUT, there was a pub nearby that I hadn't been to yet. The Old Forge. Heard great things about it, but we tend to hit up the local brewpub when we want pub grub, so we just hadn't made it up there yet.

****ing seven-page bottle list. In a six-point font. :eek:

Had perhaps the best stout I've ever had, Gritty's Black Fly Stout. Nice and dry, uber-drinkable, very roasty and chocolately. Wonderful flavor. Followed by a pint of Delirium Tremens. Both on draft.

Holy ****....

I kinda feel like an ******* for never having frequented this place before. Did I mention that they have a seven-page bottle list? Plus about twenty-five EXCEPTIONAL beers on draft? That gorgeous Innus and Gunn oak-aged beer? Yeah, they have that. Didn't have it tonight, probably will next time. All beer served in appropriate glassware. Listing the state/country of origin on the menu. Very beer respectful.

Plus, the second-best chicken wings I've had east of Buffalo.

I did see a few people drinking Bud Light and Blue Moon near us; I could hear the angels cry. WHY?

I'm coming to realize that I am absolutely spoiled out here. I literally cannot imagine how any bar or restaurant (except maybe Brewtopia's) could possibly have a better and more comprehensive beer selection than this place. Combine that with the great local brewpub (actually brewing rauchbier!), and even the outstanding beer (Dale's Pale Ale, dammit!) we can get from our local chain pizza place... ****in' a, dude, we're living in a damn beer-friendly community.

Love it. Time to go hit the Alaskan Smoked Porter and the NY cheesecake...

I know how you feel. If I could afford it, I'd be going out to the numerous beer bars and restaurants out here daily. There are a few places with huge beer lists and 12+ taps.

But, yeah, you're making me really, really thirsty! I'm outta here. Glad to hear your b-day went well. I'll be celebrating mine with Slayer in two months :D

Ohio is good, keepin busy. Damn house always needs something!

But I have a week long hunting trip in 2 weeks so all is well.

Brewing setup is pretty much the same as before with the exception of having plumbing right at the brewery (basement). Pretty similar to glibbidy's.

All in all, can't complain. You?

Good. House has been kicking the absolute **** out of me; remodeled the kitchen this spring/summer, just finished that a few weeks back. You've been to my house, you must remember how bad it used to me. Got a new kidling coming, he's been fermenting for about 39 1/2 weeks, we're about ready to rack him out of primary.

I've actually barely brewed at all in the past year, since I've been so busy with other projects. But, just bought a pump, just bought a stirplace, got a refractometer coming on Monday, I'm ready to ramp up production again.

That kitchen is 1000% better than it's predecessor.

And the mini-me should be about ready to rack to the real world, by my reckoning.

Congratulations on all accounts, keep me posted with pics of the little dude.

Latest posts

Back