Hallertau, Willamette, EKG and Hersbruker...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopkincr

Reaction score
So I just came into some hops from a neighbor (Hallertau, Willamette, EKG and Hersbruker). I have ~2 oz of Hersbruker and a least 8 oz of the rest and looking for some recipe ideas. The first two that I'll be brewing will be an MO/EKG SMaSH and then another Wheat with the Hallertau (already brewed two of these this spring). I've searched the internets for some recipes already and have a few ideas, but was wondering if anyone have a favorite? Octoberfest? ESB? I usually brew 3.5 gallon batches so these hops will last a while. Thanks, in advance, for the suggestions.

I would do a German pils if you are able to lager. I've been meaning to do one for the summer. 95% Pils, 5% Melanoidin, a half ounce of Hersbruker at 15 minutes and flame out, Hallertau to 35 total IBU at 60 minutes. Target an OG of 1.046 or so. Ferment with the lager yeast of your choice.

I would do a German pils if you are able to lager. I've been meaning to do one for the summer. 95% Pils, 5% Melanoidin, a half ounce of Hersbruker at 15 minutes and flame out, Hallertau to 35 total IBU at 60 minutes. Target an OG of 1.046 or so. Ferment with the lager yeast of your choice.
Great suggestion. I, unfortunately, don't have the capacity to lager at this point (should have mentioned that at the beginning).

Do a saison. It's summer, after all! EKG and Willamette (and the others too!) are all great in a spicy saison. Throw some wheat and maybe a little roasted malt in there too and you could make a damn tasty saison! :)

I was just thinking about the Kolsch yeast. I'll give it a try with the 5% wheat.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I like the ESB with the EKG. Thanks Ron, I'll have to set it and forget it.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back