Grommet in my beer, get it or leave it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frisk181

Reaction score
My current brew started overflowing my air lock and while trying to improvise a blow off valve my rubber grommet fell into the fermentor. Do I go in and get the grommet or do I leave it? This is only my second batch so I appreciate any and all help.

My last batch had 2 grommets in it during fermentation. I pushed 2 into it while inserting the airlock after pitching. No worries, RDWHAHB!

Leave it, dunking your dirty hairy arm in the beer is worse than leaving a grommet in your beer. Check the Related Threads section below to see some other instances of brewers in the same boat as you. Your beer will be fine...

+ 1 to everyone above. Leave it. RDWHAHB.
The beer will be fine. Get it in a month after you transfer all of that yummy non infected beer. Cheers!

Thanks everyone, I'm gonna leave it. I'll let you know how it turns out in a few weeks :)

leave it. the damage (if any) has already been done. if you try to get them out all you are doing is increasing your chances of infection.

Back