Greetings good humans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefteris

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

My name is Lefteris I am greek but currently residing in Singapore. It's been a couple of years now that I've started home-brewing. For the longest time before that, I spent time reading guides, watching educational videos about how to do it etc. My partner got me a Coopers DIY kit that gave me basically the push to start brewing. Since then, I've done my own Mead, pale ale, and sake. I hope that I get more info through this wonderful website to improve my brews.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sake with Koji is my current "project". Koji is very particular to work with. One moment is fine, then you leave for a couple of hours and when you're back it's green and unusable!

with koji? if so i'm going to have something to learn from you! i've always wanted to be able to use koji mold to brew!

Welcome! :mug:

Yeah, sake with Koji is my current "project". Koji is very particular to work with. One moment is fine, then you leave for a couple of hours and when you're back it's green and unusable!

green would mean it got to warm, and went to spore..i sporulated some of mine to save, in the oven with the light on...nice and green, still have it from 2011-12....

my problem was with it going sour and not actually converting the starch...i think i maxed out at 2% ABV...and it was sour...i'm thinking now if i try again i'm going to grow the koji like i do mushrooms in filter bags, inoculated in a sterile air box....then pitch that in incraments into the steamed rice slurry....it's on the horizon...

i did grow out some on petri dishes and got it cleaned up so i know the spores are still viable...but unless inbev starts neutering my barley, it's on a back burner for NOW ;) :mug:

edit: on a side note for incremental sake stuff, i wish i knew what i knew now. so i'll share. you can calculate ABV if you use both a refractometer, and hydrometer on it. and a calculator :mug:

Back