Greetings all

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz5833

Reaction score
Hail and great tidings from a San Diego newbie!

I jumped in with both feet and went for all grain brewing right off the bat after lurking here for quite some time and listening to my son who has a few batches under his belt.

All that lurking allowed me to absorb and put into action some of the vast base of knowledge presented here and successfully brewed my first batch of Monkey Paw Brow Ale. That was New Years Eve.

My brewing partner and I, who is also my son, started with some plastic buckets, porcelain pots and a glass 3 gallon carboy. We're sticking with the carboy, but have already upgraded to a homemade Rubbermaid lauter tun, an immersion cooler, pasta maker grain mill and we have acquired a fridge for doing lager's. A secondary fermentor and a SS brew pot is on the list of things to come but I think we've got a good jump on things.

I'm Gearing up for a second batch but I have yet to decide what...Something dark or maybe Lager is all I know so far.

I am looking forward to interacting with you all and Happy Brewing!!

Back