Back to homebrewing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBailey

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Greetings,
This looks like a useful website, happy to have found it. I'm back to home brewing after a 27-year absence, following the eruption of a fermenting batch of fresh-hopped double imperial stout in the guest bathroom (luckily, I beat my wife home that day and got it cleaned up). Ready to move to all-grain brewing as well. Looking forward to finding some good American IPA recipes. Best regards, Mike

I thought I had a long hiatus at 15 years - 27 years is a really long time. Welcome back. A heads up - a lot has changed. I felt like Rip Van Winkle when I started back brewing. You might want to read Palmer's book How to Brew, 4th Edition - and even that has become a little outdated.

For a 'catch up' on the state of the hobby, consider Simple Homebrewing (2019) and subscribing to a number of podcasts (Experimental Brewing, BeerSmith, Basic Brewing) and UT channels (e.g. Mean Brews).

Back