Great Taste of the Midwest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hahaha...I hope these guys realize that the employees of Off Color are friends of John and Dave, I'm sure this will all end in otter and/or kitten posts.

Fav Beers of the fest
Off Color Whiskers (elvis hair dude was in fact, a dick)
Revolution Cafe Deth (free dawgs, dog)
NG Wild Bbl
Perennial Kyoto Coffee Abraxas (worth the line wait)
4 Hands Madagascar (their falcon van complete with candy (kegs) was great)

Anyone else think the bathroom lines were crazy this year? I pissed on trees multiple times.

John L. responds to the Great Taste thread on BA:

Thanks for the feedback and for whomever emailed me this thread. Situation is being addressed. I was super happy with the I think 15 beers we brought up. Chose to bring more variety, beers we're excited about and things we haven't released yet or only released in very small volumes just in Chicago than more volume of the beers we've already made and people may know. Sorry to hear there were some issues. Im taking care of it internally but, in the future, please come up to me and let me know so I can take remedy it immediately. Im pretty recognizable...just look for that homeless looking guy. While I wasn't personally pouring beer all that long, I think I was within 20' of our booth for all but 45 minutes talking with old friends, other brewers, our distributors and shooting the **** with folks in line. Probably should have been paying more attention to what was happening at the point of contact and apologies for anyone who was treated rudely. We're proud of our beer and it's always great to get to share it directly but it's also easy to get burned out serving people when there's a constant line 10-30 people deep and you're hung over. Not an excuse but it is a reality and it's my fault for not cycling our brewers through faster. Obviously not everyone will get to try everything but there are certainly things we can try to do better at such as better communication, more signage and trying to be more vigilant about changing it as soon as things kick. GTOM is my favorite fest in the US and we'll work to make it better year after year as well.

-j

I had a lot of delicious beers as usual. I think Stone Fruit from Virtue might have been my favorite pour of the day. Towards the end I cycled between Stone Fruit and making myself a double dog at Revolution.

New Glarus Vintage is drinking much better than it was 2 months ago. The sourness is there and it tastes like a legit gueuze.

I had a lot of delicious beers as usual. I think Stone Fruit from Virtue might have been my favorite pour of the day. Towards the end I cycled between Stone Fruit and making myself a double dog at Revolution.

New Glarus Vintage is drinking much better than it was 2 months ago. The sourness is there and it tastes like a legit gueuze.

I also thought Wild Bitter had improved greatly from the bottles I tried a few months back, was a totally different beer much in the same vein as Orval currently.

DUtfFfa.jpg

Just found this picture from Great Taste, and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words.

I'll be in KC.

Will be putting in a couple lottery entries along with our friends we bunk with.

Hoping we can pull 4 tickets from 4 entries (from Illinois and Minnesota, respectively).

Total Fibbuster move.

I think it's happened as recently as 5ish years ago?

Just depends when Dark Lord Day falls on the last day of April and the 1st Sunday of May is the next day (Because it can't be the 2nd weekend as it's Mothers Day)

Anyone have advice on where is best for ip tickets? The last two years I've done the wine and hop shop, but I heard they moved slightly and the line will be on Monroe st, which doesn't sound fun. I know vintage does a bottle share and it sounds cool, but I can't get into town from Milwaukee until 4 am. I'm concerned that's too late for there.

I was at vintage last year. I believe the last person to get tickets arrived after 6am. I'm not sure if I'm going or which location I'm going to if I go.

Fearful that I wrote Midwest instead of Madison on the check today.

I wish I had just traded my DLD tix for these.

We got to Vintage at 3am and ended up being 125th in line. The weather was less than optimal, but no real complaints. Oddly enough, Captital Brewery tweeted around 9:15 that morning that they still had 13 pairs of tickets for the taking.

Has anyone that won actually received your tickets? I got my check back but my fiance hasn't received her tickets.

Back