Grainfather G30 not heating

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christian.belanger4

Reaction score
Hey does anyone know what’s wrong with my G30. It’s not heating at all. I checked the thermo switch and it’s not tripped. The on/off switch light is on but the element is not heating.
I checked the thermo switch with a multimeter and there is continuity. Should there be continuity?
I looked at the elements for continuity and they seem find too.
The on/off switch light is on but there is no power going out. I don’t exactly know how that switch works because there are two wires going on the top with power on them and a third wire at the bottom with no power. The switch is also spring loaded so it’s always flipped to on position for some reasons. If the light would not go on I would say it’s probably the switch but the light is on so I’m a little confused!
Does anyone had this issue before?

Thanks for your reply. Yes I tried that reset without success. I plugged the elements directly into the wall to bypass the control box and still no heat!

Yep, my experience with them as well. They can trouble shoot acurately if you give enough symptoms and respond to emails pretty fast. Almost like they know what its like having bags of fresh hops yeast and malt, but empty kegs or bottles!

Back