Got bored. Made a keggle.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EternalStudent

Reaction score
Nothing special here, I decided to cut the top off my keg today.

I used a 4.5" angle grinder with a stainless steel cutting disk. Only took one disk (~$3) to cut the top off. I used the guard resting on the rim as a guide. Two passes and 10 minutes and it was all done.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419115721.999131.jpg

Inside was a little gross, but a lot of PBW and some 120 grit gator sandpaper had it nice and clean.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419115777.853653.jpg

I also kept the "waste" top piece and and made a lid.

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419115874.415216.jpg

My setup is getting bigger 😉

View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1419115905.258488.jpg

I think a brew day is in order 🍻

Cheers to a very productive day!
Joe

Funny story. I went to buy one from lowes and couldn't find it... Either they were out of stock it I'm an idiot, both possible...

To allow me to keep my fingers, I used the angle grinder to remove most of the shards and blunt the edges. Then I used a gloved hand and the 120 grit gator paper and all the edge are nice smooth.

I'm guessing the flapper would have taken less time?

Cheers,
Joe

please excuse my ignorance but why dont most people cut clean to the edge to reduce the overhang?

Personally, I like a bit of an over hang. It helps when trying boil 14 gallons in a 15 gallon pot.

Latest posts

Back