Got a Couple Stinkers.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwAMi75

Reaction score
The first was Old Peculiar. This stuff was expensive and boy is it nasty!! I don't know what it's deal is but it didn't taste good to me at all.

The second was McKewan's IPA. I should have had a clue when I saw it was made in Scotland. They're not exactly known for making a good hoppy beer. Actually it's not bad, but it certainly isn't an IPA in my book.

Anyone else come across any stinkers lately?

Sam

Sam75 said:
The first was Old Peculiar. This stuff was expensive and boy is it nasty!! I don't know what it's deal is but it didn't taste good to me at all.

The second was McKewan's IPA. I should have had a clue when I saw it was made in Scotland. They're not exactly known for making a good hoppy beer. Actually it's not bad, but it certainly isn't an IPA in my book.

Anyone else come across any stinkers lately?

Sam

Yeah, I tried my Vanilla stout again. :eek: Yikes. I don't think any amount of aging is gonna help that crap.
I can't wait to go to Wisconsin and bring back some different kinds. I think our area here is very lame when it comes to getting different styles and brands. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna bring home the Sprecher variety pack. That will have some awesome brews in it.

Wow, Old Peculiar is one of my all time favorites. Maybe you got a stale 6-er...or to each his own :D

Old Peculiar is really one of the greats when it's right IMHO.

Well, I gave Old peculiar another shot last night. Just drinking it out of the bottle rather than from a glass it was better. From the glass it gives off that funky aroma I've encountered in other European brews, like Newcastle. It was probably old.....I am in Alabama, afterall.

Drinking it from the bottle contined some of the stench so it was much better. I'm not sure what style the stuff is, but it tastes like a brown ale to me. I've never been a big fan of brown ales, and this stuff did nothing to change my mind. :)

Back