Good "young beer" ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cruzn4aBrewzn

Reaction score
So I need to make a quick beer that will be drinkable basically right after fermentation. I know that this is not optimal but we have a beer emergency. I need to make something that I can ferment and then keg and serve the minute that it's carbed up. I was just wondering if any of you had any suggestions on a style or a recipe that might best suit a rushed beer? And I know it's not a good practice and there is no magic instant beer but what has to bed one has to be done so any input would be greatly appreciated as it will save a last min brew....

Cool. Thank guys. I haven't done a good wheat beer in a while anyway. Ad yes I will be kegging it. And I'm looking at maby a 12-13 ferment and then keg and carb for service. I just had a party for my son's birthday and we drank all of my extra beer as I have been out of my usual brew schedule for a while and have not kept the pipeline going and realized that now we don't have the beer for when we needn't again a a couple weeks.... And would rather try and brew a rushed beer than go buy some cheep BMC To appease everyone but will if I have to.

I have served brown, dry stout and porter in less than two weeks. Its more about the technique than the style or even the gravity. Lighter beers tend to need more cold conditioning.

Pitch healthy yeast at fermentation temp and let the temp rise about a degree a day. A few days after FG crash it for another day. Fine it and let it settle for three days before racking (I like to fine in a secondary). Then keg and force carb.

It's worked out to eight days before. The beer serves relatively clear and not yeasty. I like the freshness found in well brewed ale that young. You cant buy it.

Malticulous said:
I have served brown, dry stout and porter in less than two weeks. Its more about the technique than the style or even the gravity. Lighter beers tend to need more cold conditioning.

Pitch healthy yeast at fermentation temp and let the temp rise about a degree a day. A few days after FG crash it for another day. Fine it and let it settle for three days before racking (I like to fine in a secondary). Then keg and force carb.

It's worked out to eight days before. The beer serves relatively clear and not yeasty. I like the freshness found in well brewed ale that young. You cant buy it.

Thanx man. Great info. We'll see what I can pull off in the morning!

Back