Good way to reactivate yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FooFan

Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving All...
I made a 1.5L yeast starter last Wednesday (one week ago). My plan was to brew last weekend and I just didnt get the chance. I am going to brew tomorrow and the starter that I made is sitting in my fermentor. I was wondering what I can do to activate the yeast a little.

On yea, no stirplate. If that makes a differance.

Cheers,
FooFan

What temperature have you been keeping it at? If it's been refrigerated, you are good to go. Just let it warm up. If it has been at room temperature, you might want to give it a little more wort.

In all likelihood, you can just pitch it as is.

Happy Thanksgiving All...
I made a 1.5L yeast starter last Wednesday (one week ago). My plan was to brew last weekend and I just didnt get the chance. I am going to brew tomorrow and the starter that I made is sitting in my fermentor. I was wondering what I can do to activate the yeast a little.

On yea, no stirplate. If that makes a differance.

Cheers,
FooFan

I take mine out of the refridge at the start of my brew day. After all is said and done, I will take about a 1/2 cup of wort (once it's below 70F) and add that to the starter. Once the wort is at 66, I pitch. This way the yeast gets reenergized and acclimated to the wort pH and gravity. It usually takes about 2-3 hours for my wort to get down to 66 in my chamber.

Latest posts

Back