Good source for mini-mash recipes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jedi582

Reaction score
my friend and i just started our first brew a few days ago...our carboy is about to be free and we'd like to start another batch...most of what we've found has been all-grain, but i don't think we're ready for that quite yet...anyone recommend some good recipes for the beginning brewer?

Do you have a homebrew store near you? If so, go in there and just talk to the guys running the store. They will probably ask you some questions to figure out what you like or might be willing to experiment with, and then hook you up with something that works and fits your taste, in either extract, mini-mash, or AG.

I was mighty pleased to find out that the guys that ran the HBS near me were really well educated about beer, and passionate about it too. Enthusiasm is infectious.

You could also browse the online catalogs at More Beer, Northern Brewer, Midwest Homebrewing, or Austin Homebrew Supply.

You can convert any all grain recipe to mini-mash by totalling the specialty grains, reducing the 2-row to the same weight and adding extract to make up the difference. If you are using LME, plan on 90% by weight.

An AG recipe with 2.5 lbs specialty grains and 8 lbs of 2-row, would convert to 2.5 lbs specialty grains, 2.5 pounds of 2-row and 5 lbs pale LME.

Back