GOOD on Netflix STREAMING?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My humble opinion on Bloodline boils down to this, there wasn't one single character on the show that I was rooting for. They were all bad people. Besides that, the story just seemed to drag on and on with no end in sight. I think there's a couple of other HBT members on her who really liked the show. Maybe they can weigh in on what they liked about it.

Sorry I can't articulate my thoughts better regarding my opinion of the show.:(

My humble opinion on Bloodline boils down to this, there wasn't one single character on the show that I was rooting for. They were all bad people. Besides that, the story just seemed to drag on and on with no end in sight. I think there's a couple of other HBT members on her who really liked the show. Maybe they can weigh in on what they liked about it.

No, no, no........they aren't bad people, they just did a bad thing.

Hmmm... the first time I found myself rooting for the bad guy was Johnny Depp in Blow. I also root for Dexter. I think I know what you mean though.

Scarface, The Godfather, Payback, The Sopranos, .... I think we're often rooting for the bad guy, no?

Agreed but IMO, there was some quality about those bad guys that had me rooting for them, just like the guys in Goodfellas. The characters in the Series "Bloodline" had no likable qualities from the beginning.

That said, I NEVER once liked Darth Vader or any of the villains in Star Wars;)

Watched 2 episodes of Hot Wet American Summer: Ten Years Later (I don't know the actual name of the show off the top of my head, but it's the new version that takes place ten years later...

Pretty decent. I think they captured the feel of the original pretty well. All the cast are older, yet play people 10 years younger than themselves, like the original.

It's good, if you liked the first one, but it's not so good that I can't force myself to get up and go back to some important duties like fixing my daughter's car.

Agreed but IMO, there was some quality about those bad guys that had me rooting for them, just like the guys in Goodfellas. The characters in the Series "Bloodline" had no likable qualities from the beginning.

That said, I NEVER once liked Darth Vader or any of the villains in Star Wars;)

It's definitely dark, but the acting was great and I thought the story was just as good. It's train wreck snowballed into a worse train wreck, again and again...

I enjoyed the Ozark ride.

I'm now getting caught up on Narcos since season 3 drops tomorrow.

A friend recommended Shameless. Watched the first episode, I'm interested.

Shameless is awesome. Especially the first 3 seasons. After that they start reaching. Still good though. If you liked that kinda drama

Since football is starting up, it's a good time to binge "The League".

Wish they could have kept this show running a bit longer. I know there's only so much you can do with a show that revolves around fantasy football, but it was such a fun, dysfunctional show!

With Taco!

Since football is starting up, it's a good time to binge "The League".

Wish they could have kept this show running a bit longer. I know there's only so much you can do with a show that revolves around fantasy football, but it was such a fun, dysfunctional show!

With Taco!

Aren't they removing it this month? I re watch every season every year, all year round haha. I love it so much.

Just starting with 5th season of House of cards.. K. Spacey is hell of an actor.
Anyone watched Disjointed?

I got through 3/4 of the series before they removed it. The last season sucked anyway.

I was surprised they removed it.

Yeah, it was getting away from what made it great by the last season. There were some wacky moments in the show. Raffi was a bit unusual. Especially considering his relationship with his sister...

I've only got a couple episodes in season 3 of Narcos left, and I really enjoy this show. I don't even mind reading the subtitles, and feel my understanding of spanish curse words has improved dramatically.

Why so many of the best made shows feel they need to have so much swearing, I don't know. It doesn't offend me, just makes everyone sound like they're in high school or something. Also lessens the impact of a well placed f-bomb or two. Breaking Bad didn't need a lot of profanity to be the best drama ever made, for instance. I realize they're just reflecting reality for many people, but it has me rolling my eyes, and seriously limits the number of shows SWMBO will watch with me.

Why so many of the best made shows feel they need to have so much swearing, I don't know. It doesn't offend me, just makes everyone sound like they're in high school or something. Also lessens the impact of a well placed f-bomb or two. Breaking Bad didn't need a lot of profanity to be the best drama ever made, for instance. I realize they're just reflecting reality for many people, but it has me rolling my eyes, and seriously limits the number of shows SWMBO will watch with me.

I guess I just don't notice it. But then again I swear like a motherf'n trucker. So............

drug dealers tend to have less than high school level education.

Back into Vikings last night. Wife wasn't sure she wanted to jump back in, so I picked up where I left off. Good show. Lots of stabbing and sex.

I have 1 more episode of Season 1 left to watch. It's not a favorite of mine yet, but it will certainly pass the time until I find another great one.

Started House of Cards last night. Not sure what took me so long to start this. It is so well done.

The Orville EP 2 was on last night at our house.

I'm not sure if this is a great show, or just an ok show. I think it has potential to be a great show, but it hasn't got the guts to go full-on silly, which would put it over the top for me. It's done just straight enough to make it feel sluggish IMO. I think they could do so much more with an exact ST parody. Guess they're kind of going for mainstream right now.

I watched about 15 minutes of Orville EP 2 and I was done. There were too many attempts at jokes that just fell flat. I look at all the expense they obviously put into production and hype and get mad that they didn't make something better.

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but when I watch a new series what should I start with, the pilot or some other episode? Some of the series have a lot of seasons and I don't always know where to begin

Anyone catch the new Star Trek?

DVR cut it off 20 minutes early because of game overrun.

I was kind of getting into it too

Except for those Klingon costumes... looked ridiculous

Back