good brown ale kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdutton24

Reaction score
So I took about a 2 year hiatus from brewing and looking to get back in. I want to brew a good brown ale and was wondering if u guys had a good "wow" kit. I was looking @ the caribou slobber from nb along with the emma's brown ale. Also looking at austin homebrew so if u guys have any experiences with these or suggestions let me know! Thanks guys

The Caribou Slobber kit makes a very good beer. Janet's Brown is also a great brown ale, although stronger and hoppier than CS. I believe that Morebeer sells a Janet's Brown kit, although I thing most people just assemble the ingredients themselves. The recipe for Janet's Brown is in Brewing Classic Styles.

I have caribou slobber (not purchased from NB) in a pressurized keg. It has pretty much finished fermenting in 6 days so I am ramping it to 30 psi if it will make it. I noticed super fast fermentation with the wy 1332 starter as well that finished a 1L in about 18 hours and completely cleared at room temp an hour after removing from the stir plate.

Awesome I just ordered it from NB and got the wyeast 1332. Seems some ppl complain about tart flavor? I've never used it before but looking forward to it.

Back