Good beer destinations in Phoenix?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisoneguy

Reaction score
I'll be in town on business from Sunday evening until Tuesday evening....

I'm from MI and I'm hoping to try some brews I can't get at home. What are some good beer bars or bottle shops in the area? I'll be staying at the Marriott near the airport, so close to there would be ideal.

Thanks!

Four Peaks in Tempe. The weather is spectacular, it's half indoor, half outdoor, and not far from the airport.

Great beer. They had two beers take home medals at the great American beer festival this year. Great food, hip, happening, and plenty of ASU coeds roaming around. Highly recommended.

Tombstone (berwery, not the town) is where I brewed my first batch of beer. It may or may not be any good, but I have great memories there! If you go, pour a sip out for 25 year old me.

Speaking of which, if you have a day to kill, Tombstone the town is a really cool place to visit...but it's a hell of a drive.

Head to Papago brewery. Best brew pub and bottle shop in the valley. Whatever style you are looking to try they will have on tap and in bottles.

Head to Papago brewery. Best brew pub and bottle shop in the valley. Whatever style you are looking to try they will have on tap and in bottles.

Someone on the AHA forum recommended Papago as well. I'll make an effort to check them out.

I had a good time at The Phoenix Ale Brewery. Got a Groupon for 2 flights, 2 pints and a growler of my choice for like 19bucks. Plus we got to walk around the brewery ..... UNATTENDED!!!!! hahahaha

Fate up in Scottsdale has some pretty tasty brews as well. Pizza was good not great, but the couple of brews I tried were definitely good!(East of Scottsdale Rd on Shea Blvd. right next to Dickey's BBQ I think it is)

Back