Going to Germany, what are must sees?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if you're going to go to the Haufbrauhaus, you've got to go to the Lowenbrau as well...
it's in the city center only a few minutes walk from the Glockenspeil (sp?)

make sure you do at least 3 things:

1) drink as much and as many different types of beer as posslbe
2) sausages sausages sausages brats and all other weiner looking things.. eat them
3) combine item number 1 and item number two at least 3-12 times per day.

if you want a lager then ask for a pils. it'll be the local version of a pilsener

and the direction thing was to learn the local terms for right left and straight

and no i don't remember them since its been bout 15yrs since i was there

Well, I'm here in Blaustein. About 5 minutes from Ulm. Went to the top of the Munster. Pretty Amazing. Thinking about going to Munich and Neuschwanstein on Saturday. We're not going to have much time though. If you only had time to see a couple things in Munich, what would they be? Also, does anyone know if the castle is open on Saturday? One thing I think is strange is that I can't find a lager to save my life. Almost every beer is a Weizen of some sort. I guess it doesn't really matter when you're drinking out of a 1 liter glass though!

That place is probably open 363 days a year, off for Christmas and Thanksgiving. Kidding!

Tour groups have a set time and will go to the head of the line for their schedules/tickets. If you go and walk-up you may have to wait quite a while before being able to enter. While I'm usually not a fan of large (bus) tours it might be worth while booking one as they'll take care of everything for you.

You will be hard-pressed to do both Munich and Neuschwanstein in two days, must less one. Since you are in the south, the drive along the Romantic Road is great. A stop at Rothenburg (od Tauber) is a 'must-see' IMO and is prob 90 min drive from Ulm.

Have fun! :mug:

Back