Ginger and raisen ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chappers

Reaction score
So I am going to make a pale ale out of what I can get from a weakly stocked local brew shop. I have always wanted to add raisin to my beer and ginger. So I thought I could try both, what do people think? I don't have the time or patience to try a small batch so it will be all or nothing in 5gal.

I was thinking of grating some ginger and cutting up some raisins. Then in a pan bring to 160f to pasteurise, soften and bring out flavour. Then add all of the pan to the secondary once cooled and put beer on top.

Are there any issues here?

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I went ahead and tried it anyway with two gallons syphoned off my main brew. One has 100g raisin And 20g ginger the other double of each.

I cut the bits up and put some boiling water over them to loosen up and get some flavour out and then once cooled put into Demi john and then beer on top.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1411564329.503226.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1411564349.357862.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back