Ghostrider White IPA clone idea?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JABBY

Reaction score
Alright I am hoping that I can find one of you fine people that can maybe figure out a clone to the Ghostrider White IPA. This is a local Utah beer and it is actually one that SWMBO loves(first real beer she likes and its an IPA what are the odds). I have just started to do AG so I am still learning the ins and outs, but I am capable. If anyone can figure this out I would be very appreciative thank you.

In reading an online description it looks to be like an Allagash White which I know there are clones of you can easily search.

The difference would be the use of a clean American ale yeast like 1056 and American citrus hops like cascade.

The reason I discern this is because it look like its an American white wheat type beer. You can even look for a Wit style beer and sub the yeast and hops to American style I mentioned

Love the name! Dont know this beer but with a name like "Ghostrider" it would do well with some heat, say a jalapeno or other chili!!

Ghostrider1.jpg

I haven't had it yet.

It sounds from this description that they may have used some Summit hops.

Also the comments that it is cloudy and has hints of clove lead me to believe they used a hefe or witbier yeast. Probably something like WLP 320 or Wyeast 3944.

Thank you now I have a direction to go in for a clone. Thank you all very much. Oh cascade is not what I am taking from it, I will try the Summit. I hope I can clone it.

Thank you now I have a direction to go in for a clone. Thank you all very much. Oh cascade is not what I am taking from it, I will try the Summit. I hope I can clone it.

Making my next batch on Saturday. Really interested in knowing how your clone turned out. I cannot find a recipe for Ghostrider anywhere.

Oh how time has flown. And this beer fell to the wayside. Unfortunately I have not brewed it. Damn deployments have gotten in the way. Thank you for reminding me I need to clone this. By the way where are you going around here to get your supplies my shop just closed it's doors and now I am down to only kits I picked up cheap.

If your still in Utah and in the Ogden area as of right now there really isn't any shops open any more. If the shop you're referring to was Ogden Station Fermentation, ya that sucked he closed up shop. IF you don't mind a little drive there is an awesome brew supply shop in Midvale called Salt City Brew supply.

Latest posts

Back