Getting low on bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brett_Bellmore

Me and my better half.
Reaction score
Last night, as we were settling down for bed, out of nowhere my wife said, "You're getting low on bottles, you're going to have to buy more soon."

:pYES!:p

I've finally got her on my side! I knew it was worth it having her judge the sweetness when backsweetening my mead!

The only thing i can think to say at that point is "Yes Dear" but... "If I only had a keg then I wouldn't need to buy more bottles, spend hours scraping labels washing, drying and sanitizing them."

Some such statement was made at my house, shortly after the wife bought me my first keg as a birthday present.

(Sounds like you got a good one you might want to keep her around.)

Does your city encourage recycling? Back where I lived for 14 years they had a separate bin for glass on garbage day. Anytime I needed bottles I could always find some setting on the curb waiting to get taken away.

The only thing i can think to say at that point is "Yes Dear" but... "If I only had a keg then I wouldn't need to buy more bottles, spend hours scraping labels washing, drying and sanitizing them."

Some such statement was made at my house, shortly after the wife bought me my first keg as a birthday present.

(Sounds like you got a good one you might want to keep her around.)

I'm not running a mead hall here! I'm making maybe 10-12 gallons of mead a year at this point, mostly in 1 and 2.5 gallon batches. The 1 liter swing top bottles I've decided to standardize on suit me just fine, they're perfect for gifting, or taking to parties, and fit nicely in the door of our fridge to keep a couple chilled. I just don't have enough of them yet.

Maybe some time down the road I'll invest in a ten gallon oak cask... But I'll need a bar first.

And, yes, she's definitely a keeper!

Back