Getting Carded

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get carded that often, mainly just at places that card everyone. I do shop at Brunos and never get carded when I buy beer there

Move to Europe, you'll never get carded. I barely look 18 and the six years I was between Germany and Italy I never showed I.D. Coming back to America and getting my I.D. checked every five minutes after serving six years there made me wonder. Maybe for a good laugh put on a fake beard.

Move to Europe, you'll never get carded. I barely look 18 and the six years I was between Germany and Italy I never showed I.D. Coming back to America and getting my I.D. checked every five minutes after serving six years there made me wonder. Maybe for a good laugh put on a fake beard.

Actually I am going to Germany for a year in august, and I've heard that no one gets ID'ed as long as they can see over the counter.

Update to the story: tonight I went to a bar after work with my dad. I'm 22 and my dad is 57 with a gray beard. We sit down at the bar and the bartender comes over to us and says to my dad "he can't be in here after 10." My dad stares at her incredulously for a couple seconds, and says "What!?" She repeats herself, saying "minors can't be in here after 10, he's going to have to leave." My dad takes this unexpected development in and says, "He's 22." The bartender responds with, "Well, does he have ID?" At which point I join the conversation, and say, "Yes, HE does" and I proceed to show her my ID. She brings us each a beer, and says to me, "I never would have thought that you were old enough to be in here" So I ask her, "Well how old do you think I am?" And she responds, "I don't know, 15." I didn't know what to say.:cross:

Back