G'day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woodsa

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been homebrewing for about 7 years, (mainly kit brewing with experiments) & now keen to venture into kegging (on a budget though, as have new house, young family, etc,etc) might be a year or two plan. See how things pan out. :mug:

Woodsa said:
Hi all, I've been homebrewing for about 7 years, (mainly kit brewing with experiments) & now keen to venture into kegging (on a budget though, as have new house, young family, etc,etc) might be a year or two plan. See how things pan out. :mug:

Another Tasmanian! Good for you two.

Woodsa said:

Welcome!!!! It's nice to have two people from Tasmania on board now. You guys will both have someone online when the rest of the world (us) is asleep!

Just kidding- welcome! We can use your experiences around here.

:mug:

Yippeee!

Four heads are better than two! :)

What sort of brewing are you doing? I too am short of time and $$$, same situation as yourself just about with new house and two youngsters.

Where abouts in Tas are you? I am in Hobart.

Brew mainly Coopers (lager,stout,tried em all. including some of premium selection) , but have done a couple Beermakers, Goldrush & Tooheys. Have a Cascade Golden Harvest kit ready to be used did you go by instructions or alter?
I live near Devonport.

Woodsa said:
Brew mainly Coopers (lager,stout,tried em all. including some of premium selection) , but have done a couple Beermakers, Goldrush & Tooheys. Have a Cascade Golden Harvest kit ready to be used did you go by instructions or alter?
I live near Devonport.

I have done a few Cascade kits in the past but would not use them again. Bit watery for my tastes. My last brew was James Squire Pale Ale. Two cans were used and a kilo of DME. Tastes nice. Nearly drank it all in the last three weeks!

When I did the Cascade kits I was using just plain sugar rather than the highly recommended DME so maybe I should try them again.

There is another person up in Launcestion on this board - that now makes three of us :ban:

Welcome Taswegians. (G'day again Dibbs) Love reading the Yanks website and getting some new ideas even if I can't understand most of them (funny accents those Americans). Dibby33 and I have already had a chat about Cascade and our relative dislike of the product. Don't let that discourage you, go for it and make up your own mind. Made two GHs first using standard methods and second time with extra malt - have produced 2 out of 5 quality beers. Same with a Spicy Ghost and a Porter I've tried. Shame as I quite like Cascade commercial brew especially the Premium Light. About to try making some Grumpys beers from Adelaide - well worth going to their site if you are into extract brewing. Another good site found recently was hbreview (I think it is - forgot to put it in Favourites) which has reviews by ordinary people on commercial kits. Looks on old site (several years old !!) but still worth a look. Anyway, enjoy reading the Yanks site cos I love these guys. They would make great house pets if only we could house train them !

G'day there Fatgodzilla. What other brews have you made? which one of Grumpy's are you goin' to have a go at?
I've checked out hbkitreveiws site you're right it is'nt a bad one.
Got a Coopers Draught fermenting at moment with golden syrup & brewenhancer 1, done it before hopefully get same result, irish style creamy head.

Latest posts

Back