Gas in line

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruinpilot

Reaction score
Is it possible if i lowered the regulator pressure, or say if my kegerator failed and the temperature increased, so that the pressure in the keg exceeded the regulated pressure sent to the "in" port, for beer to come back up the gas line? This makes me worry as i dont ever want to break my expensive regulator...

Without a check valve, this is possible. I had it happen one time when a keg froze, expanded, and backed up into the other kegs that were carbing. Get a check valve on each keg and this will not happen.

The beer is above the dip tube. That should help, but where does one get one of these check valves. I haven't a seen one at the home brew store. Thanks.

The beer is above the dip tube. That should help[...]

Hopefully, you meant below the dip tube. Above is bad juju.

fwiw, I cut my gas tubes to ~3/8" below the flange. They don't even stick all the way through the risers. Gives a safe extra quart of beer without risking blow-back...

Cheers!

Yes. I did mean below, but it is pretty close. I think I will either cut mine or not fill my corny keg so full next time.

Thanks all for the good info. I am going to look into the check valves.

Latest posts

Back