Games you like to play when drinking (not drinking games!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johntodd

Reaction score
This is all about games to play while drinking your fave home brew. It's not about "drinking games", where one purposefully loses in order to get mo' beer. :)

My favorite game to play when drinking is "Banished", by Shining Rock Software. It's a great long-player, low-stress game, perfect for Sunday afternoons between lunch and supper.

http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com/game/

What are your favorite games while drinking? Video games or otherwise...

I've often wondered about that game. Why a pickle? Why not hide something more durable like a length of pipe or a beer bottle or something?

And what if no one ever found the pickle? It would rot and stink up the place! You'd never have that problem with a length of pipe or a beer bottle.

Darts! And Dominoes.

Also with a group, "pass phrase" which is a catch-phrase rip off app that's good fun.

I love playing Counter Strike Source when drinking. Though usually I'm drinking rum and coke when I'm playing that game.

Counter-Strike is my preferred game while drinking, but it's mostly Global Offensive now. However, I did play a lot of Source back in my college days.

I also enjoy playing any kind of card game with a good group of friends. Egyptian Ratscrew and Bull**** are always fun.

If friends are involved and cooperating, pretty much anything. Specifically:
  • Darts
  • Pool
  • Battlefield 4/Hardline
  • Cornhole
  • Beerpong
  • Truth or Dare, without the dares #justgirlythings

Had to stop playing that with my buddies back in college due to the fits of rage it incited. I cant believe its rated E

Few things bring me as much joy as destroying a good friend in a drunk game of one of those. Fits of rage are fine as long as nobody hits with me a floccing blue shell right before I reach the finish line. Hell hath no fury like a man scorned by one of those.

We have all of the CAH expansions, and it's been pretty fun on drinking nights. We've also had a great time with Scattergories and Taboo (same copies that I've had since I was a teenager!) I've also got a whole list of games on Amazon that I want to get for future game nights.

CAH is great, SIL loves to play whatever is in his hand that he most wants me to read on my turn, e.g. "snorting coke off a clown's b***r" kind of thing. They have expansion packs, so that's fun. Start out with settlers of Catan end up with CAH...

I've often wondered about that game. Why a pickle? Why not hide something more durable like a length of pipe or a beer bottle or something?

And what if no one ever found the pickle? It would rot and stink up the place! You'd never have that problem with a length of pipe or a beer bottle.

I tried hiding a beer bottle once but the wife found it pretty quick.

But seriously horseshoes at the park is the best.

While drinking? I applaud or condemn you. Right now I can't decide which b'cause it's new years eve.

Outside: Cornhole - the game with tossing bean bags, not what some of you filthy minded brewers thought!
Inside: Euchre, Exploding Kittens

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back