Gallons of cider made 2022

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NTBeer

Reaction score
Guess I have the honor of starting off the count this year. Post whatever cider or graff you make this year here and add your total to the running total to participate.

Made 5 gallons of just apple and 3 gallons of apple / cherry cider to start off the year. First time using TF-6 yeast, hoping I like it!

0 gallons plus 8 = 8

if i do make a graff, can i double post in both this thread AND how many gallons of beer brewed? or would i get accused of adultery? ;) :mug:

7.5 gallons kroger juice, and 2.5 gallons cranberry blend....

8+10=18

20+ gallons of 13 varieties. Final quantity depends on loss after second racking. But here's a pic! 8D9C191C-88DE-4665-A6A5-E08B474FD82A_1_201_a.jpeg

if i do make a graff, can i double post in both this thread AND how many gallons of beer brewed? or would i get accused of adultery? ;) :mug:

8+10=18

Not sure how the beer thread would feel about it but given last year's production in this thread, adultery is welcomed.

Someone has a "cider problem", lol

I would agree. The problem is that I only ever made cider once before, last September. By December that original 4 gallons was tasting AMAZING. When the keg kicked, there was nothing behind it. :oops:

In the future when the keg goes dry that will be my cue to begin yet another batch.

8+10=18
Hi what type of Kroger juice did you use was just there and all Kroger's said pasteurized that I could find thanks

Hi what type of Kroger juice did you use was just there and all Kroger's said pasteurized that I could find thanks

i bought 15 64oz containers of their generic. not lite, and then 5 64oz containers of their cranberry juice.. no preservitaves, and it's been bubbling away since i got it going....

honestly it just says kroger.....i got them at fry's.....i'd say the flavor tastes like cheap juice, not like super duper juice. but cheap and easy in a pinch. and cheap apple juice still tastes pretty good, in my opinion...

New member to the forum
I have been lurking for years, I just started a new batch with a new recipe, it might end up rocket fuel. The must tastes great almost like a nectar.

OG 1.120 started January 8, 2022 Temp 68-70F
12 cans (144 fl oz total) Frozen Apple Juice Concentrate from Brookshires (Store brand)
32 Oz Mountain Cider Spiced Apple Cider Concentrate (70 Brix)
1 Gal spring Water
11g Cider House Select Premium Cider Yeast

The must tasted great almost like a slightly spiced apple nectar. ABV should exceed the yeast tolerance. Burping at 3 seconds per blip today. never went volcanic.

New member to the forum
I have been lurking for years, I just started a new batch with a new recipe, it might end up rocket fuel. The must tastes great almost like a nectar.

OG 1.120 started January 8, 2022 Temp 68-70F
12 cans (144 fl oz total) Frozen Apple Juice Concentrate from Brookshires (Store brand)
32 Oz Mountain Cider Spiced Apple Cider Concentrate (70 Brix)
1 Gal spring Water
11g Cider House Select Premium Cider Yeast

The must tasted great almost like a slightly spiced apple nectar. ABV should exceed the yeast tolerance. Burping at 3 seconds per blip today. never went volcanic.
Welcome to the forum, and to the thread. Three recipe sounds interesting. Unfortunately, getting hard to find FAJC in my area.

Although discussion of recipes, etc is welcome, primarily this thread is a running total of all cider produced by the respondents. So...

40 + 2.5 = 42.5 gallons

I have one gallon finishing fermentation right now. Was rather vigorous for about a week but now it's barely got any bubbles so it's in its final stages. Should be ready to have it's specific gravity measured in a week and probably bottled a week or so after that.

Hoping to carbonate in the bottles.

So 43.5 gallons

Same as my usual, 5 gallons. This year it's a wild ferment with unpasteurized juice direct from the orchard. Still waiting for it to clear.

so what you're saying is...it's not legally cider because you didn't actually add yeast? but when you do add yeast, the tally would have been increased to...

5+54=59?

;) :mug: Welcome abord the ship!

Haven't seen @ceebee4 come back with a final volume, so we'll just go with 20 gallons....

60 + 20 = 80 gallons

As for my experience with my first time use of TF - 6, I finally kegged my batch today, and it is fantastic! Lots of cooked apple flavors, good acid balance using just cheap juice. Would make a great "apple pie" with some cinnamon. On the other hand, it took more than 5 weeks to finish, so if you need to turn a fermenter over quick, it's not your yeast. Temps were in the upper 50's - probably faster if it's warmer, but I'm happy.

Before Hans O. Lowe added his, NTBeer corrected the total at 80. So...
80+ Hans O. Lowe's 1=81 gallons
Plus I made another gallon of smoked cider, this time smoked with cherry and a gallon of smoked perry so...
81+2=83 gallons

Just finished primary ferment of 6 gallons of Trader Joes with Cider House Select. First time using that yeast and it never really bubbled at all, but went from 1.052 to 1.000 in 10 days. Just bottled yesterday, half as straight cider and half with added habanero extract. I've got another 6 gallons of TJ's cider with Safale-04 that was started at the same time and it is still slowly bubbling and SG is still at 1.016.

So if we count them both:
94 + 6 + 6 = 106

Back