Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard a guy at the homebrew shop talking about sanitation. I believe he worked there and was talking to someone interested in learning to brew. Worker told the guy "I've lost a batch of beer from an eyelash falling in there."

I would just name it I-lash-PA and keep going!

How would you even notice that???!!!

My uncle love him to death he gave me my first beer when I was a boy always drinks budweiser and is a legit alcoholic like drinks a case of bottles only( he will give away canned budweiser ) won't drink any other beer including goodies like Guinness and such won't touch a light beer either won't even try any craft beer because in his words " anything other than budweiser in a bottle is either to close to water to dark to sweet or doesn't taste good in general and I can't believe people actually drink it like depraved animals" this is a man when I was a teenager living at his house he put his girlfriend's head through the wall while ****ing she said hi to me while I was laying on the couch with her head less than a foot from my feet and he kept ****ing her , but people who drink ales and guinness and craft beer are depraved animals I can agree light beer is like water but yeah also this is a man who considers himself a beer connoisseur though as I've clearly stated before he will only drink bottled budweiser he even looks down on cans of budweiser .

She said "Hi"?

she sounds very polite....

Not having siphoned anything other than gasoline, my very first batch, first time I racked into a bottling bucket, when the beer reached my mouth, I reflexively spit it out into the bucket

Beer turned out fine

Good to know I'm not the only one that happened to! I had fought with the siphon hose for 10 minutes, trying to get it to work. I finally gave up and gargled with iodopher before starting the siphon with my mouth, then reflex kicked in. I bought an auto-siphon the next day!

After showing up to a party and this guy knowing I showed up with home brewed beer, in conversation with others I overhear him tell people that Guinness draft is a "porter stout", "it's always over 8%"

After showing up to a party and this guy knowing I showed up with home brewed beer, in conversation with others I overhear him tell people that Guinness draft is a "porter stout", "it's always over 8%"
For some reason, all my friends seem to think Guinness is one of the strongest beers made. Few believe me when I tell them it's actually got a lower alcohol content than many, if not most beers you find at the pub.

For some reason, all my friends seem to think Guinness is one of the strongest beers made. Few believe me when I tell them it's actually got a lower alcohol content than many, if not most beers you find at the pub.

"Black, strong and thick"

Um, not really... it's got ruby highlights, it's 4.2% and is really a thin-body beer, the nitro just makes it seem heavy

Took my 95 year-old S-FIL to dinner at Red Lobster the other night. His lifetime experience with beer is BMC, so he told me to order something for him I thought he'd like. So I went kinda middle-of-the-road and ordered a couple of SAs. He took a sip and remarked, "Wow, a beer that actually has a flavor you can taste!" And then the coup-de-gras: "The beers I am used to say right on them what's not in them." I think we all know what he meant.

I brewed a RIS with a friend a few weeks ago and knew that he planned to "dry-hop" with coffee 24hrs before kegging. I asked him what kind of coffee he ended up using and he told me "French roast. Is it wrong to put French roast in a Russian beer?"

I apologize for the bump, but after reading a the first 40, and last 10, pages of this thread I have to share. My dad drinks nothing but Genesee. He always tells a story about working in VA in the 70's. Genesee wasn't distributed there at the time, not sure if it is now. Anyway the guys he was working with all drank Bud, so my dad took down a couple extra cases after his weekend off, and these guys couldn't get enough of "his" Genny. "They said it was the strongest beer they ever drank!" He always proudly proclaims. I have too much respect for the man to correct him, amd tell him that the ABV is actually slightly lower than Budweiser. He tells this story all the time, and I always laugh, and agree. Lol That being said, I do have a certain, albeit limited, fondness for Genesee. It's mainly the nostalgia factor for me. For the price, about $15 for a 30 pack of cans there are worse beers! Another one is my dad, amd his friend, a devout Straubs man, always ask me how I can drink so many different beers without getting sick from it. Lol I guess they're just the typical old school don't mess with what works type.

I feel pretty much the same way about my beloved and much missed National Beer of Texas, Lonestar!

Yeah, I don't know what the my dad would do if they ever quit brewing Genesee. He has 6 cases delivered every month. Also I was wrong about the price. It's roughly $15 a case. Still a good deal though. So as not to totally derail the thread: I had my brother, and cousin, try a drink of my Dirty Bastard one time. My cousin let it run out of his mouth right back in the cup! He said "that tastes like sweetened horse**** soaked in kerosene!". The bartender/owner said he was shut off. Lol He said that only a highly intoxicated person would ruin, and insult, a great beer like that. I literally laughed so loud that everyone at the bar, and restaurant side, just stared at us, and started to crack up!

My wife went to a bar and asked what they had for beer, the waitress gave the usual bmc list. My wife asked then for the craft beer list. The reply was " oh, all we have for dark beer is Alaskan and shocktop" my wife's reply was Facepalm, and an Alaskan amber. Yeah she does good.

doesn't need to be Guinness... any beer will do

great use for dumper batches or old, stale homebrews

really like the grainy effect. or is it a carbonation effect?

How to Develop Film with Beer
From the comments:

"There's a certain irony that you used Guinness stout to develop photos of the Murphy's stout brewery!"

:D

Just now while sitting at a German biergarten-themed place - "The Hacker-"shnore" is good. Any of them are good but your German beers are going to be hoppier than your American beers."

Just now while sitting at a German biergarten-themed place - "The Hacker-"shnore" is good. Any of them are good but your German beers are going to be hoppier than your American beers."

Hey American beers - get your stuff together!!! the German stuff is getting hoppier than you!!!!

Back