• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT: Budweiser: Cellared 30+ Years

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fedora

Glorified Janitor
Reaction score
I have for trade one bottle of Budweiser. It has been stored in a non climate controlled attic since the late seventies. I have personally been in possession of this beer for twelve years. It likely belonged to my father or one of my uncles who hid it in my grandparent's attic and was forgotten until I discovered it.

I have not been in contact with Budweiser to find out the exact age of this beer, but my father moved out in 1976 so I would assume its born on date is no later. Possibly earlier. Any info on a probable date is appreciated.

This is an open trade. Might trade for beer, swag, equipment, or anything else you might come up with. Now, I have done a little research and this beer is worth some money, and has some sentimental value, so dont low ball me.

Let the low ball joke offers commence....

Cheers.

IMG_20141129_194626.jpg

IMG_20141129_194653.jpg

IMG_20141129_194702.jpg

IMG_20141129_194722.jpg

I have a 6 pack of Billy Beer ( peel off tops ) I found them into parents basement. I threw them in the beer fridge just for the hell of it about 10 years ago. Ice cold, and aged Panther piss.

If the label wasn't torn I'd have given you a dollar for this bottle. To bad though. Looks like a nice bottle of old beer otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I'm liking the donkey trade, i may counter offer on that. Wikipedia says they live 30 - 50 years in developed countries...

For the Bud, I'll offer an empty 1982 Iron City can.

I will trade you for a vintage bottle opener made by Bic. This bottle opener has a little wear on the bottom edge, but is still in useable condition. As a bonus this bottle opener can also double as a fire starter in an emergency. There is even some fuel left. It's orange with a white bottom. It's the full sized model, not the newer girly version that's about 1/3 the size.

Now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain that was my dad's bottle opener. He used it quite a bit back when soda bottles were all pry-off. So it's probably about 30 years old at least!

Seriously, where did you find anything saying that is worth anything. With the torn label it is worth nothing to a collector. The beer was not any good even 30 years ago.

It looks like the bottle might have been made in 1969. If it was 1869 you might have had something.....

You might be able to get $.05 to $.15 if your area has bottle return centers.

Other than that I would trade a bottle of piss, which is what you have there.

I will trade you for a vintage bottle opener made by Bic. This bottle opener has a little wear on the bottom edge, but is still in useable condition. As a bonus this bottle opener can also double as a fire starter in an emergency. There is even some fuel left. It's orange with a white bottom. It's the full sized model, not the newer girly version that's about 1/3 the size.

Now that I think about it, I'm fairly certain that was my dad's bottle opener. He used it quite a bit back when soda bottles were all pry-off. So it's probably about 30 years old at least!

I'll swap you a can of my survival water for your Vintage Bottle Opener / Fire Starter.... Sounds like a handy multi tool you got there!

dehydrated water.jpg

Some very tempting offers guys! Let's see, an old ass ass... Nope dont need one of those.
Empty beer can... Nope, got plenty of those.
Homercidal, you might have had a deal if you would have posted a picture of said bottle opener.. Ha!

The sixer of Billy Beer is actually pretty tempting..

I will not be bonging this beer for your viewing pleasure.....

All pretty good offers, except for the guy that offered me a bottle of piss. That wasn't nice....

But I have to say Hunterla5 seems to be coming out on top, if he's actually gonna drink it. Are you Hunter?
Unless @Billy-Klubb wants to review it, since his video is what inspired me to put this priceless gem up for trade. After thirty or forty years those mango hops must really be coming into their own.

But I have to say Hunterla5 seems to be coming out on top, if he's actually gonna drink it. Are you Hunter?

Hell yeah I'll drink it. I'll take a few sips, provide tasting notes, and then chug that mofo. And try not to throw it right back up.

Waddya want? Jester King? Real Ale? 512? Twisted X? Austin Beerwerks? Live Oak? Pedernales Brewing? Guadalupe Brewing? Saint Arnold? As long as it's not stupid expensive and readily available in my general area, I'll get it for ya.

The more I think about this, the more I want to do it. :cross:

Edit: Though I suspect BK's tasting notes will be more amusing than mine.

Send it to me. I will give it to my unsuspecting brother-in-law who hates anything but BMG.

I'll take a video and post it here.

Hopefully he makes the same adorable face as when I give him one of my IPAs, ESBs, blonde ales, stouts, pale ales, etc.... :D

Ok guys I've decided to let ruger988 have this beer. Seems like he will make the best use if it. I hope he will post his group's tasting notes to this thread because I for one am curious but not willing to taste it myself. PM sent ruger.

Sorry Hunter, I know you wanted it. PM me if you want to swap some other stuff.

Pretty sure the lower number on the bottom of those older bottles were the year it was produced.

Bottle is from 1969!

As a beer can collector, I frequently run across very old, full cans. This summer I dumped out a case of Schell's Deer Brand and a case of Shell's Xmas from around 1979. Both were brown with some floaties and heavy sediment. All had plenty of carbonation and smelled like beer with a little mustiness.

I have for trade one bottle of Budweiser. It has been stored in a non climate controlled attic since the late seventies. I have personally been in possession of this beer for twelve years. It likely belonged to my father or one of my uncles who hid it in my grandparent's attic and was forgotten until I discovered it.

I have not been in contact with Budweiser to find out the exact age of this beer, but my father moved out in 1976 so I would assume its born on date is no later. Possibly earlier. Any info on a probable date is appreciated.

This is an open trade. Might trade for beer, swag, equipment, or anything else you might come up with. Now, I have done a little research and this beer is worth some money, and has some sentimental value, so dont low ball me.

Cheers.

Im sure billy klubb will take this off your hands..the man loves a properly cellared budweiser:p

Cheers.
How is a stale nasty disgusting beer worth something? i will give you 1 penny for that beer..thats high balling dont want to insult you and low ball

I think you're going to need to do a tasting tread:D

I second that. If you meant thread... It needs to be recorded for the greater good of the brewing community. Imagine how much we will learn...

I assumed the 69 on the bottom meant 1969 but couldn't find any documentation on it. I hope it's true.

Back