Fruit or ?? in Conical Fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madbare

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am sure glad I found this forum. I have been getting back into brewing after taking long hiatus. I purchased one of the stainless conicals off of fleabay and have a question I have been thinking about. What do you do if you want to brew a fruit beer or some type of beer that you need to add the ingredients into the fermenter. It doesn't appear with a conical you could just dump some fruit in it as it would plug the valves up. So what does one do? Put the fruit in a grain bag and set it in the bottom? I am really not sure about this, I would like to see what everyones ideas are on this. Thanks,

Steve :confused:

Well pureed fruit would not be a problem, so if you have a robo coupe then just puree everything up. Otherwise. I would say the either add a fruit extract of suspend a bag. There are a few guys on here with conicals, suprised they didnt answer.

I use a nylon paint strainer bag when I dry hop . You can also stuff fruit in them. I tie it off with unwaxed dental floss and suspend it in the conical fermenter. I use shot glasses that i sterilize to put in the bag to weight it down. I tie it off on the outside of the fermenter before i put the lid on.

Back