Fruit Juice/Concentrate how much

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopbrad

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with this Guava Juice concentrate?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E4UKMKK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

I have a Milkshake IPA going, Its on day 2 of fermentation. Planning to add the concentrate in the next few days.
The bottle says it can make up to 1/2 gallon of juice, so wondering if I should dump the whole bottle in or less.

Last edited by a moderator:
That concentrate appears to have preservatives so that may not be what you want. I'm not too sure how potent guava juice flavor is, but the equivalent of 1/2 gallon might be a lot. To flavor a medium gravity wheat beer I have found that about 5c of watemelon juice (very mild flavor) or the equivalent of 2.5 c of passion fruit juice (very strong, tart) in 5 gals is plenty for my tastes. That is in a mild, lowly hopped beer though.

That concentrate appears to have preservatives so that may not be what you want. I'm not too sure how potent guava juice flavor is, but the equivalent of 1/2 gallon might be a lot. To flavor a medium gravity wheat beer I have found that about 5c of watemelon juice (very mild flavor) or the equivalent of 2.5 c of passion fruit juice (very strong, tart) in 5 gals is plenty for my tastes. That is in a mild, lowly hopped beer though.

It does have preservatives, which I was nervous about but have read people using it with success as a fruit addition. Just didnt know how much. I still may go a bit lighter. Maybe use half and see what happens.

Figure i'd update. I did about 2/3 of the bottle and got no noticeable guava taste. Next time id put the whole bottle in.

Back