Query: Adding Orange Juice to Keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdmontonBoil

Reaction score
I recently tried to brew a hazy IPA, but due to a couple things that didn't quite go right (i.e. being sloppy with mash temps, cooling) there are a few off-flavors in the beer and it tastes pretty strongly like grapefruit juice.

Someone suggested adding orange juice to the beer. I tried a 1:4 ratio addition in the glass and it actually fixed pretty much everything bad about the flavor and mellowed everything pretty nicely. Does anyone have any experience with adding OJ to the keg (refrigerated -- so I'm not worried about additional fermentation)? Are there any problems with storage if I'm drinking this beer over the next month? I'm not sure if you need to do anything to the OJ to pasteurize it. Any recommendations about fresh OJ vs concentrated?

Thanks for any input you've got!

I'd give your beer another couple of weeks before I did anything to it. You're describing a beer that is too fresh.

Back