Fresh Turkey Online

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My cousin gave my grandmother a fresh ham for Christmas one year...delivered UPS. Is this the same idea? It was very tasty, we ate on it for weeks.

A friend of mine ordered a turducken from a place in LA (we lived in VA at the time) and it was overnighted.

He said it was great. I'm not sure if it was frozen or not, though.

Never done it online, but I betcha with a little digging you could find a farm within reasonable driving distance to you? Maybe? I dunno out there! :D

Imho, the difference between a fresh Turkey vs. a frozen one is very significant. Most grocery store brands are pumped with a solution. BOOOO.

I suppose an awful lot depends on where you get a fresh turkey from and how "fresh" it really is. My mother used to get them fresh from somewhere and said they were better. I remember, however, seeing a cooking show once on PBS where they did a comparison test which included 2 or 3 brands of frozen turkeys plus a fresh one. If I recall correctly, the taste testers liked the Butterball the best and liked it quite a bit better than the fresh turkey.

I found this place in Prescott that will deliver to a number of Grocery stores in PHX.
http://www.youngsfarminc.com/store/turkey.asp

EDIT: ^^^^^ Looks like they no longer do that since the site lists 2006 data.

To be clear, I'm talking fresh uncooked and unfrozen turkey.

I knew zoebish01 would know the difference between the two tastes b/c he's such a foodie. McCall- I'm just wondering if the fresh vs frozen test is comparable to those that prefer skunked green-bottle exports to real pilsners.

olllllo said:
I knew zoebish01 would know the difference between the two tastes b/c he's such a foodie. McCall- I'm just wondering if the fresh vs frozen test is comparable to those that prefer skunked green-bottle exports to real pilsners.

:p

Oh hey, c'mon now..

Contact Us

Young's Farm
Junction of Hwy 69 & 169
12097 E. Hwy 169
Dewey, Arizona 86327

Phone: (928) 632-7272
Fax: (928) 632-7975

Email:

Young’s Farm Office - general questions or concerns
[email protected]
Young's Chew
[email protected]

/me gives jeep a 'lil push.

It's the texture too, as well as the flavor. Mmmm, nice j00cy Toorkey :D

You want me to talk to them? Using my voice? On the Phone?

We only type around here and when we do, we expect immediate answers. :D

Whole foods and some other local organic markets, or local butchers will sell fresh turkeys for thanksgiving. I am going to get one and deep fry it using some of my beer making equipment, should be a good time.

Whatever you do please consider going natural or organic, and definitely free range! YOu can hoo poo these growing conditions, but IMHO it's well worth the expense.
After all you are what you eat! We get our birds from the Stonewood Farm in Orwell VT. Unfortunately they no longer UPS them. :(

Glibbidy said:
Whatever you do please consider going natural or organic, and definitely free range! YOu can hoo poo these growing conditions, but IMHO it's well worth the expense.
After all you are what you eat! We get our birds from the Stonewood Farm in Orwell VT. Unfortunately they no longer UPS them. :(

From the Lobel's site
Organic Free-Range Thanksgiving Turkeys

Lobel’s organic, free-range whole Thanksgiving Turkeys set a new standard for a meaty, succulent bird that roasts to juicy perfection for holidays, special occasions, or anytime. Our turkeys grow to size in an all-natural environment free of hormones and subtherapeutic antibiotics on a diet of certified organic grains. The result is a fresh, wholesome turkey of incomparable flavor and tenderness.

I guess that's the benefits of living near Amish country and in farm country in general. I don't think we've ever bought a turkey in a plastic coat. :confused:

Of course, you can order a whole cow at the local meat market.

Back