French Press and Randal Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
n1A9lM3.jpg

Don't have pics of the process, but I randalled some dried and fresh lemon peels into a Lawson's Super Session. Waited about 15 minutes, carb was gone but I didn't really care. I should have reserved some or used a second can, but it is even more delicious. Hops and lemon meld so well.

Almond Joy BCS. Pressed about 8 chopped up mini almond joys on 12 oz of BCS for 2.5 hours. Coconut and almond don't come through as blatantly as I hoped. It's a subtle but tasty change. Might try to let it sit even longer next time.

You gotta toast the coconut. Makes a world of difference. I know toasting almond joys would be ridiculous, but I would try toasting some coconut flakes, and adding some crumbled chocolate, and maybe some coffee. Give that a try. Hell, I think I just might do that myself

Coffee vanilla rum barrel black tuesday. 5g of stumptown in <8oz packed quite a punch, really rounded out the body and tasted great. Didn't use enough vanilla to notice. Overall, it wasn't better or worse than the original but I wouldn't want to drink as much of it.
IMAG1864_zpsvpqtzd75.jpg

Maple cinnamon rum barrel black tuesday. I actually really dig this maple extract. Great taste, but again it as just a bit too much. Plain rum black tuesday was really well rounded and this just threw the balance off a bit. Combing the coffee/vanilla with the maple/cinnamon also made for a pretty tasty drink.
IMAG1867_zps02badevb.jpg

Can someone do me a favor and point me to a french press they would recommend, really want to give this a try. Amazon would be preferable. Thanks!

For pressing beer I just got some cheap one at BB&B. Hasn't let me down yet. No need to spend money on one for beer.

For coffee, the KONA is amazing.

Coors Light + A can of tuna
MWF09ill.jpg

The best for last, the crème de la crème. A nice, cold, fizzy can of coors light... pressed with a can of tuna (drained of course, we're not monsters). Yea, we ****ing drank it too. Surprisingly better than the original, the tuna actually gives it some saltiness. Then of course it tasted like tuna... So...
vomit-o.gif

Farnsworth omgrr
You guys are ****in mad!

Freshly toasted some shaved coconut and put it in a french press with the newest BCBS tonight for 25 minutes. It was unanimously ****ing delicious. I realize this is nothing crazy but... Jesus Christ. So good.
Last night I did this year's BCBS with toasted coconut, ground Intelligentsia coffee and a vanilla bean. It was fantastic!
The coffee added some nice bitterness that balanced the intense sweetness.

rcubed hosted a Speedway press party one year. That was really fun. We had a keg to supply base beer. The notes are here somewhere
I recall that! Sounded like a blast.
I pretty much stick to coconut, vanilla beans and coffee as adjuncts for stouts at home. I've done fresh guava and limes for berliners and IPAs too, with good results.

What's next?
Master_Products_Reflections_PNG_Product_CottageCheese_0000_Layer-Comp-1.png
1114.gif

What did you guys end up putting in the Darkness anyway?

Well, we made some really good hot chocolate... with milk.... and then we poured Darkness into the pot....

I mean, who could have imagined that heating up Darkness with some milk would have been a bad idea... :rolleyes:

Where can i get the weed that you guys were smoking?
****, I knew we forgot somehitng!
No wonder it tasted so bad... we even had 2 dozen cookies delivered from Insomnia Cookies.

Try this again right, omgrr?!?

Sounds like it would taste like that BA Henry? ;)
Honestly, BA Henry was worse. At least I could finish this, despite the chunkiness... HA

Anyone ever throw a shot of espresso into a stout before?

I french pressed coffee grounds in a stout and it came out awful. Won't be doing that again.

Really? Did you use Folgers? :p

What was your process, steep time, etc...?
I french press BCBS with grounds and it comes out great everytime.

I only used about a spoonful of grounds. Steeped it for 20 min or so, and pressed. Came out too bitter. It was some Costa Rican coffee. Strong ****

Back