FotHB XVI: Fireworks & Beer, What Could Go Wrong?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@JCasey1992 Wins the race for the fastest delivery! Well, I win because I can't wait to chill these down and try a few...
IMG_4583.jpg

@fourfarthing I’m kegging my kolsch now and plan to keg the hard lemonade later this weekend (added the fruit on Monday). I haven’t brewed the IPA I want to do but I’m hopeful to maybe brew it next week. My plans are to ship later this month if all goes as planned. 🤞🏻
Update - I am happy with the clarity of the sample I pulled. Probably the clearest beer I’ve made to date. Also, I am digging the sample too!
3F3CF273-14A7-4657-B460-0D0E94B29B9A.jpeg

Last edited:
@fourfarthing I’m kegging my kolsch now and plan to keg the hard lemonade later this weekend (added the fruit on Monday). I haven’t brewed the IPA I want to do but I’m hopeful to maybe brew it next week. My plans are to ship later this month if all goes as planned. 🤞🏻
Update - I am happy with the clarity of the sample I pulled. Probably the clearest beer I’ve made to date. Also, I am digging the sample too!
View attachment 780278

Take your time, but a Kolsch sounds great right now.

Finally finished the 7on part of my 7on/7off work schedule.
Sat down tonight with a great brew from @Noob_Brewer.

This Czech Dark Lager is actually my first for this style.
It really reminds me of an American Porter with it's very dark, almost black color and medium body with creamy texture. Malty with a kind of dark caramel to burnt toast flavor and a low hop presence.
I'm not a beer judge, but I play one on the internet. 😁
Really the only thing I would take a point off for is the head. I like a larger, more persistent head. (Damn, that was hard to type)

Great beer! I could easily finish off a keg of this one. :mug:

IMG_9950.jpeg

Shipment from @wepeeler arrived today! My guy has been pounding down the Same Adams Oktoberfest to get it to me! 😆

Everything arrived safely and is chilling. I can't wait to try them!

View attachment 781192
Glad it all arrived safely. Fingers crossed for the NEIPA!! And those bottles are from last year haha. Enjoy!!

Glad it all arrived safely. Fingers crossed for the NEIPA!! And those bottles are from last year haha. Enjoy!!
Had the NEIPA with lunch, and it's one of the better ones I've had! It has a nice grapefruit backbone with some piney notes, which I don't see often in a NEIPA but really enjoyed. Really good beer!

PXL_20220918_180728930.jpg

Haven't been around the forums for a while so I'm just catching up on this thread. I'm currently enjoying my second bottle of Munich Dunkel from @3 Dawg Night. Really tasty! It has an awesome bready aroma and is smooth and easy drinking with a slight malty sweetness. Perfect for a cool evening like today!

I've already tried one bottle of the other beers since they arrived and they've all been really good. Sorry for the lack of further tasting notes 😂. I will provide more details when I get to the other bottles.

Cheers all!
PXL_20221001_235523950.PORTRAIT.jpg

Last edited:
Back