FOTHB IV: Trying to Catch Me Brewin' Dirty

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I just bottled up 23 five ounce bottles of various hot sauces. And I still have one half gallon, one quart and a pint jar left to go.

Who else wants to trade anything for some??? :D

So I just bottled up 23 five ounce bottles of various hot sauces. And I still have one half gallon, one quart and a pint jar left to go.

Who else wants to trade anything for some??? :D

I'll trade you some fire for fire.
I got tired of packaging 5oz bottles; I now fill 10oz woozy bottles.
I've got two flavors at the moment; Datil and Smoked Trinidad Scorpion 'Butch T' strain.

I ferment the peppers (along with sea salt) for ~3 years before adding white vinegar. 2:1 ratio by weight (peppers:vinegar).
Cold-smoked the scorpions with Jack Daniels oak barrel chips.
For some reason, the Butch-T strain is not as hot as the scorpions I got right from the island. The Butch-T strain is supposed to be prolific and disease hardy. That they were.

I'd love to sample your four flavors. You in?

I'll trade you some fire for fire.
I got tired of packaging 5oz bottles; I now fill 10oz woozy bottles.
I've got two flavors at the moment; Datil and Smoked Trinidad Scorpion 'Butch T' strain.

I ferment the peppers (along with sea salt) for ~3 years before adding white vinegar. 2:1 ratio by weight (peppers:vinegar).
Cold-smoked the scorpions with Jack Daniels oak barrel chips.
For some reason, the Butch-T strain is not as hot as the scorpions I got right from the island. The Butch-T strain is supposed to be prolific and disease hardy. That they were.

I'd love to sample your four flavors. You in?

Dude, so in. :ban::ban::ban:

I don't have anything like the sounds of what you make. Just basic fermented peppers. They are amazing to me though. I guess I need to start trying different things. Maybe I will after I try yours.:D we are still pretty new at this.

I will pm you when my daughter lets me get on the computer.

Sorry I missed the picking. I was up all night. I thought I set an alarm. I am in CO. Near Denver

Sweet less than half way across the country!;)

I am going to try to get that box out to you mid week or so. I am going to assume you do want the hot sauces too.

Sweet less than half way across the country!;)

I am going to try to get that box out to you mid week or so. I am going to assume you do want the hot sauces too.

Shipped, added a couple extras. [emoji482]

By the way, I know I am running the next one; however, I figured I can afford to give it a few weeks before posting anything. Several of the traders here are still a few weeks out until they can ship anyways. I may wait until all traders confirm shipments before doing anything ... I dunno ... indecisive.

I do have a backlog and at least 3 weeks until I can ship this round out, so I for one am good with the delay (sorry @TBC , bottling day got pushed this weekend while I f'd around with my keg...)

I do have a backlog and at least 3 weeks until I can ship this round out, so I for one am good with the delay (sorry @TBC , bottling day got pushed this weekend while I f'd around with my keg...)

No problem! I have plenty of beer to drink. I am hoping to bottle this week and ship next week to @jerbrew

IMG_3882.jpg

@twistedgrey HB box dropped today

2 questions:

1. Why no Mexican coke? Total tease
2. How do you get Coney Island in CA?

Cant wait to dig in.

Wow. I've been so busy, I completely forgot I had something coming.

And for the next few days I'll be busy trying to get @TwistedGray 's box together so I can get it shipped.

No rush at all, I leave town next Friday for a week, and still have a metric f-ton of beer :)
I kind of have to rush. I have four different beers being donated for a charity auction next Saturday, and not all of them are packaged yet. Your beers are coming from those same batches...

Okay, so this is what I have so far.

Who has already shipped
@TwistedGray
@Scturo
@FunkedOut
@JDXX1971
@TBC

Who is shipping within the next week or so
@Dade0
@fourfarthing

Whose beer is in the works
@imasickboy

Unknown
@jerbrew (?)

If Jerbrew can confirm shipment, I might as well get the next thread going. I suspect most of us who brewed for this round have brews left for the next round? I am debating on the timeline...input would be appreciated.

I'm brewing but experimental and lighter stuff. I have a couple already bottled also. We're at an AirBnB till June20th...so after that would be fine with me.

Roof, ac and ducts replaced, bathroom done..Basicly. The rewire and new lighting is why we're out. Inspections in Austin are 1 week delayed plus the time tp repair all the holes. Sucks but we found a decent place that takes dogs and they gave us a discount.

Roof, ac and ducts replaced, bathroom done..Basicly. The rewire and new lighting is why we're out. Inspections in Austin are 1 week delayed plus the time tp repair all the holes. Sucks but we found a decent place that takes dogs and they gave us a discount.

There you have it! You still go to the house on a daily? I'd have a hard time trusting anyone, lol. Last (non-friend) contractor caught our house on fire.

We're actually not out till the 31st , last day of school for the grandkids. IDK, I'm literally working 6- 10/12hr days to pay for this so I'll probably check on them every few days.

My FotD offer will be in tonight..

This sucks:(, I got nothing for the next round. Only thing I have is 4 gallons of stout aging.

Back