Forgot to dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samorg42

Reaction score
Hi: I was out of town when my pale ale was finishing fermenting. It was nice and clear when I got home so I bottled it in 21- 1 litre, self capping, Groltch-type bottles. A few days later, I realized that I forgot to dry hop during the ferment. The recipe called for 1 oz of Centennial a week into the ferment.

The beer smells and tasted good when I did my final gravity reading.
Is there anyway to dry hop in the bottles since I can uncap them and recap them easily? If not will the beer just be less hoppy but OK?

The recipe has .60 oz of Nugget for 60 min, .75 oz of Cascade boiled for 15 min. and .25 oz Amarillo boiled for 7 min.

Don't try dry hopping in the bottle, just let this one go. You will lose out on the fresh aroma of the dry hop but still have the bitterness. Probably a drinkable but uneventful pale compared to what we are used to with massive late hop additions or dry hopping.

Back