Fix temp with pressure?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DMVBrewer

Reaction score
Hello!
I am brewing an IPA in a Fermzilla. Things went normally with a dry hop a couple days ago through the top of the Fermzilla until my central AC went out. I don’t have a way to control the temp and it’s rising. I do have the capability to add pressure. The fermentation is close to, if not completely done when the AC broke. I added pressure to try to suppress any off favors. I’m using imperial A24 Dry Hop yeast if that helps. Any thoughts about adding pressure?

thanks for the help!

The temperature is critical during the active part of the fermentation as the yeast will create of flavors if the temperature gets too high and the activity of the yeast wants to drive that temperature up then. Once the fermentation slows the temperature isn't very important (within limits of course) so you can let the temperature rise without the off flavors. Lagers are typically fermented pretty cool to keep the crisp flavors but that temp is then intentionally raised for a diacetyl rest. Your IPA should be just fine without adding pressure.

Thank you for the quick replies and that’s good news! Turns out I have a tiny leak so it isn’t holding pressure well anyway. Forgot to keg lube a part. I’ll post an update when I have a taste later in the week.

Latest posts

Back