Five Kegs in Small Freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol! Well, no, but keezer floors are notorious for puddles and I have first hand experience on that. I once had a fan try to commit suicide by falling over into a puddle. I also had a heat shrinked wire splice to a fan lay in a puddle long enough to electrolyze one of the conductors right off...

Cheers!

I will do my best to avoid ending up like Ted Bundy. This keezer is on a GFCI circuit anyway. I would have to make a special effort to kill myself.

I guess I have a primitive attitude by today's standards. My family had a pool with no enclosure, and the insurance company let us have a diving board. My grandfather used to put his grandchildren in the back of his pickup and do 80 miles per hour on winding mountain roads. My school had a trampoline. My friends had lawn darts. A couple of years ago, a friend of mine put her kids in my car, and I could not believe the rules I had to follow. The parents of my friend across the street kept most of their guns in his bedroom. I have never worn a bicycle helmet. I didn't know what a GFCI, or "GFI" as they were then called, was until I was almost 30.

Back then, a college student could kiss his girlfriend without a notarized, witnessed consent form listing all the permitted activities. Life was just crazy.

I guess I have a primitive attitude by today's standards. My family had a pool with no enclosure, and the insurance company let us have a diving board. My grandfather used to put his grandchildren in the back of his pickup and do 80 miles per hour on winding mountain roads. My school had a trampoline. My friends had lawn darts. A couple of years ago, a friend of mine put her kids in my car, and I could not believe the rules I had to follow. The parents of my friend across the street kept most of their guns in his bedroom. I have never worn a bicycle helmet. I didn't know what a GFCI, or "GFI" as they were then called, was until I was almost 30.

Back then, a college student could kiss his girlfriend without a notarized, witnessed consent form listing all the permitted activities. Life was just crazy.
Ah memories! ...I remember going out on service calls at 3 in the morning with my dad, towing some transport truck on some highway and heearing the end of one of the chains fall and start dragging along the road; "I'll get it.." and then 10-year old me opens the door and climbs on the back of the wrecker, making my way to the towplate and then hanging on it by one hand and heels, and reaching down to pick up the now-hot chain on the 60mph road moving below, and hooking into a retainer...no big deal.... fun was when he'd let me stand on the front bumper, racing down a pier then slamming on the brakes to throw me in the lake...good times and I loved it... Heck..I was only in Kindergarden the first time I wanted to experince 'electrocution' and I stripped a power cord, plugged it in and touched the ends... it was educational and I really do believe kids are missing out on truly valuable experiences these days.
That aside, DC fans tend to be quieter. There some dirt cheap ones on ebay that you can just splice onto a wall-wart that are quiet, low-heat, and reliable.

Well this is weird. My keezer is set at 38 with the probe in the middle somewhere. When I put a short keg on the hump, it got really cold, ruining my plans to put stout on the hump, where someone had led me to believe it would be warmer.

I put a wooden platform on the hump to break the thermal contact, and I put stout on the platform. Now the stout is coming out at over 50 degrees.

This is a great stout temperature, but I don't know what's going on.

like i said, the hump is the warmest place.

I made a small metal bracket to hold
My ac fan.The movement of air was enough to even put the temp. As said before try to not allow kegs to rest on sides as the coils are there and will cause issuers if you are trying to keep an even temp amongst kegs.even if the kegs touch each other in the middle the perimeter needs to allow air movement so the coils can do there job

Theres a list that comes out every year around Christmas time, or it used to, of the “10 deadliest toys of all time,” It has stuff going back to the 50s and 60s. I had 5 of them on the list. Lawn darts are high on the list. We played with them from the time I was 10 or 11 into my teens. But we also played the game the way it was supposed to be played. We weren’t stupid enough to throw them 60 feet in the air and try to catch them on the way down. I still own 2 sets. The ones with the heavy metal tips. Now they are banned items - you can’t buy or sell them on ebay and other places.

http://www.radarmagazine.com/features/2006/12/toys.php

Last edited:
Hah! My sister and I used to roam all around the inside of my dad's cars. Waay before seat belts.
And my first son rode in the back of my first 280Z 2 seater, his kid carrier held in place under the hatch window by the luggage tie down straps.
He's a biochem phd so I don't think it was all that bad for him :D

Cheers!

My dad used let me ride either the axle or the hitch on the tractor while bailing and raking. I fell off once into the oncoming baler. But my dad stopped as he would literally glue one eye on me if I was riding with him. I still thought I was gonna end up like one of those snakes you sometimes find in a bale of hay.

Many years later he took my kid with him for a tractor ride while holding onto him. Me being a proper helicopter parent could see my only 3 year old boy jumping out of his arm and getting crushed by that big rear wheel. I shook it off and thought, nah - wont' happen, stop being an idiot. But yes, it nearly did happen as the kid got flighty and tried to jump out of his arms while he fumbled to stop the tractor doing 10mph down the road. I have a terrible habit of being able to see anything that can go wrong. In Murphy I trust, as he will make it happen. Murphy and I weren't so close when I was a kid, but experience has taught me otherwise.

In the end, its our lax eating habits that have killed most of the middle aged people I know. Fat, diabetic, leads to heart failure. Doctors, pills and death to follow. Too lazy to do anything about our health and failure to take care - that's the #1 killer.

I got my nearly-free pin lock kegs converted to ball lock, and I also got some sewer pipe to use as a holder for my CO2 tank. I jammed a few things in the keezer, and it appears I will be able to use my pin lock kegs. They're wider than ball locks, so you can't just assume they will fit in the same space.

This is looking to be pretty sweet, although I am thinking of moving to 6-gallon Torpedo Slimlines eventually.

I got myself some Kegland flow-control disconnects, and I'm going to see if they live up to their promise. Kegland says you can run very short hoses with them, and they claim they work better than flow control faucets. If they work, I'll be able to remove about 2/3 of the beer line from the keezer, and it will be a lot easier to add and remove kegs.

02 20 23 keezer with 5 kegs and 2 tanks small.jpg

Last edited:
Back