Fishing in Mexico

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdhucks7

Reaction score
Ok you guys have proved a very reliable source for All kinds of info so I figured I would ask the pro's at HBT. I am going to be getting married in Mexico on May 13th, we are staying at the Moon Palace Golf Resort. 1st question is have any of you stayed there and if so what did you think of the place? Anything special I should know about the place or just pointers or ideas for the trip. We are staying for 8 nights so I think we will may need a few activities not in the room ;) . 2nd Has anyone ever been on a deep sea fishing trip while in Mexixo? The hotel is south of Cancun like 15 min. I figured that me and the boys could take one of these but since no one I know has ever been on one of these then I would see if anybody on here has had any experience with these charters. What I am looking for is a good reliable Charter company for about 8 guys. If anyone has used a good, bad or great company for fishing and would like to pass along their name I would be eternally gratefull! Sorry if I ran long winded, and thanks in advance for any replies. Now back to the beer.:mug:

SD

I've only been out once while down there. I believe it was a half day trip, and we booked from our hotel (Royal Mayan in Cancun). It was one of the Aquaworld fleet. The guys seemed shady from the start. They didn't talk with us much, and hardly spoke english at all. We pulled up to a dock and threw some kids some sodas, and they threw us some fish for bait. We didn't go too far out and only caught a few Bonitos/False Albacore. It was fun, but I was pretty disapointed. So, I'd say go out for as long as you can so you can try for the big boys, and I would also reccomend going with a private charter. I've been reading alot about charters lately, and all over people reccomend to stay away from the bigger companies. They say just to take a stroll down the dock, and try to find somebody to talk to and give reccomendations.

Somebody on this board may be able to give specifics:
http://www.cancuncare.com/forum/index.php?sid=3197ab85fe8b38ccc2efd60dfcb67665

Hey freyguy I checked that forum out thanks alot. Looks like that place has all the information that I was looking for.

SD

Latest posts

Back