First Timer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chambers

Reaction score
so this weekend I went to a local u brew and got some stuff and got some apple juice with no preservatives in it. I decided just for a test run i would only make about 1 gallon just to see if it works and to familiarize myself a little better with what is going on. so i got a question. I have about 4.8 liters of apple juice in a 23 liter carboy, so is it safe to assume that i am not seeing a lot of bubbles coming from the airlock (by not a lot i mean i think i have seen about 2 since i started this yesterday[friday]) because of the huge difference in volume of liquid to empty volume of the carboy? or am i doing something wrong? Could my airlock be too full of water possibly?
I think everything is going alright, thought it might be best to ask someone though. There is some condensation on the upper walls of the carboy, but i believe that is part of the fermentation process. Thanks again for the help!

No...It's safe to say you're not seeing a lot of bubbles because it's only been 18 hours.

It'll take off....tomorrow evening it'll look like a freshly poured soda it'll be bubbling so much. (No head though)

You're good.

actually i didn't use yeast nutrient this time, i forgot to pick up the nutrient and decided i would make a batch without and see what it is like.

Back