First Time Kegging Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gee Tee

Reaction score
How long will a Korny keg will last once I start pouring from and I don’t finish it. The event I was supposed to bring the keg to got cancelled. Hypothetically speaking, as long as there is enough CO2 in it, will I be able to pour from it it a few times over the course of a couple of months till it runs out?

Last edited:
How long a keg will last once I start pouring from and I don’t finish it. The event I was supposed to bring the keg to got cancelled. Hypothetically speaking, as long as there is enough CO2 in it, will I be able to use it a few times over the course of a couple of months till it runs out?

Most of our set-ups are not like college parties with pump taps. If you're using CO2 to push the beer, the beer will be good for many months. That said, the flavors will change. the change depends on what kind of beer you have.

If it's only a couple months, I wouldn't sweat it. Keep it cold and keep it on CO2.

Most of us have kegs that are months old. Depends on the style. You wouldn't want to keep a Hefeweizen or a NEIPA for a year, but a Stout or a Barleywine would only get better. 2 months? Any style will be ok to sit for that.

Back