First time dry hop

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FaxedHead

Reaction score
Two questions.

First, I didn't weigh down my hop sock, is that going to limit the hoppiness? Doesn't sound right but then again this is my first time brewing.

Second, are all the Hop particles going to settle at the bottom or will it end up in the bottling bucket and in turn end up in the bottles?

I don't wiegh mine down,& it still works great. Ever watch what happens when you're making sun tea,& you put the tea bags in? It convects downward into the water. I figure the hop oils are doing the same,since I get great aromas throughout.
Most of the hop grains stay in the sack,in my experiences. But the tiny bit that doesn't usually settles.

I've read quite a few threads that recommends letting the bottling bucket sit for 20 or 30 minutes after you strain your hops out so that the hop sediment will settle in the bottom before bottling.

I haven't tried this but I've heard that it works quite well.

I'm dry hopping tomorrow for the first time (well, as long as my gravity is stable). I think I'm going to dry them in without a bag. Can't wait to clean it up!

Latest posts

Back