First successful brew!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raggedwood

Reaction score
Alright, so obviously I'm a nOOb, but ya gotta start somewhere, lol. Anyway I jumped into this stuff pretty fast and found out first hand it's harder than one might think.. Needless to say I botched my first couple brew attempts due to lack of knowledge and lack of epuiptment, and worst of all: lack of patience. Anyway, on my third attempt I did all my research, got all my ingrediants, and was fully prepared to be patient. So I whipped me up a wheat ale extract/specialty grain wort. Pitched my yeast. Let it sit till my bubble-lock slowed. Checked the gravity. I skipped secondary, (didn't seem necessary) And bottled the brew. A week later I chilled a bottle, cracked it open, poured that sucker in a mug, and it just looked so beautiful, had a great head, great color, and best of all; great taste. I owe my fortune to a lot of you for advise and knowledge, So I just thought you'd like to know, I was finally successful!! lol Thanks a lot guys!:mug:

Patience is the key in every stage of brewing your own beer. Its hard to wait all the weeks of primary/secondary/bottle conditioning. But like boil times/temps , they are very important in creating a good brew. If someone is going to rush the process and drink bad beer then they might as well go buy BMC from the store and save time and money.
Congrats on your brew. It is a good feeling to crack open a beer that you brewed and actually taste good..Im now just drinking my first batch myself and it pretty darn good.

Way to go! I can tell you that I have been there, and i'm still learning my lesson in each batch. If there's one thing I've learned, it's that you can always make your beer better.

Congrats!!

I dont know how much time and money i blew before i figured out theres nothing i can do that the yeast can't do better! you're just there to help them along.

Back